Ant McPartlin

Commissario
To be fair, if I got banned for drink driving and got fined the standard £500-£1000 fines you normally see, that would be about the same.

it seems to be done pro rata.
I think the limit used to be £5k but that was recently scrapped and it's now done based on your earnings...I think!

Associate
The fine is unlimited now it seems, similar to speeding, based upon income. however, someone earning 2k will be hit much harder than someone earning ~400k.. relatively speaking

Associate
Why wouldn't I? Or are you one of those people that froth at the mouth and want people hanging
not at all, i just appreciate how i would feel if it happened to me or someone i care about. I feel you should do the same. Maybe you wouldn't be saying, well its not a major crime really, then.

Soldato
not at all, i just appreciate how i would feel if it happened to me or someone i care about. I feel you should do the same. Maybe you wouldn't be saying, well its not a major crime really, then.

If somebody close to me was hit and injured I'd be angry, sure, but that is different to someone just simply drink driving, the law allows for this by allowing judges to sentence people based on the crime and the outcome, ie somebody caught over the limit would generally receive a lighter punishment than a person who is drunk and causes someones death

https://www.gov.uk/drink-driving-penalties

Also just to say that there's also a difference between somebody over the limit and somebody who is drunk

Not that I condone driving over the limit

Associate
Also just to say that there's also a difference between somebody over the limit and somebody who is drunk
Well no not really, not in the eyes of the law, only thing that matters is your reading.

to harp on about my previous point, if someone 'over the limit' hit someone but said they weren't drunk, would that be better? I know i wouldn't feel any different, even if i knew the guy or girl was telling the truth. There have been many tests which show the detrimental effect on driving ability with even small (legal) amounts of alcohol

personally dont like ant and dec, but no bearing on what i'm saying, drink driving can be catastrophically bad. In a sense similar to running around with a loaded gun shooting randomly, yeah may not hit anyone in which case its high spirits, but if you do..

Soldato
Nope they shouldn't but lots of people think think they're amazing drivers, never get caught, never cause or be in an accident or maybe just don't care

Caporegime
Just leaving court :p

C41_ALNP.jpg

:D

Soldato
Roughly what I was expecting and I'd say is fair. See so much shocking stuff on traffic cops and the like; you have to do so much crazy crap to get a jail sentence.

Back
Top Bottom