Ant McPartlin

Caporegime
OP
Just leaving court :p

C41_ALNP.jpg

:D

The timing is impeccable.

Associate
I'm still curious to know whether this is a case of alcohol not leaving the system after a heavy night prior, or if he'd been drinking on the day and still chose to drive. Would make a big difference to how i feel about this one

Associate
Why did he get only 20 months for causing multiple car crashes and putting people in hospital(albeit as a precaution). Kirsty Gallagher and Wayne Rooney both got 24 months.

Associate
Lol @ the crash, brilliant timing.
As for Mcpratland.. hell even I would struggle to muster up a double level reading at 4pm the next day if that was when he was picked up... heck i know he is a tiddler but thats a mega session the previous night to be scoring that high.
If it was a previous nights result then high fives to him, he must have been utterly ******** - doesnt negate the driving next day but it must have been an epic bender.
If its same day driving i would have nailed his baws to the back of a plod car and seen if he could run at motorway speeds.

Soldato
Why did he get only 20 months for causing multiple car crashes and putting people in hospital(albeit as a precaution). Kirsty Gallagher and Wayne Rooney both got 24 months.

Because lots of things are taken into account such as his criminal record etc, no I'm not talking about 'let's get ready to rumble'

Soldato
He had the accident at 16.00, if he had been drinking the night before i dread to think how much.. He was drinking on the day.

Probably, but it's not an unbelievable amount to drink the night before and 'only' be double the limit at 4pm.

Say you start drinking 9pm, have a sensible beer/whiskey+coke every half hour until 4am (knowing you've got to be up at 12 to meet your mum, that's a quite sensible bed time).

4 units per hour for 7 hours is 28 units, not even unusual for a heavy drinker. Going off the often repeated '1 unit per hour', and allowing 1 hour for it to get into his system and start being removed - that leaves 20 hours/units - leaving 8 units - double the limit.

Commissario
Probably, but it's not an unbelievable amount to drink the night before and 'only' be double the limit at 4pm.

Say you start drinking 9pm, have a sensible beer/whiskey+coke every half hour until 4am (knowing you've got to be up at 12 to meet your mum, that's a quite sensible bed time).

4 units per hour for 7 hours is 28 units, not even unusual for a heavy drinker. Going off the often repeated '1 unit per hour', and allowing 1 hour for it to get into his system and start being removed - that leaves 20 hours/units - leaving 8 units - double the limit.
Aye, it's something a lot of people don't seem to be aware of, you can still be well over the limit 8-12 hours after the last drink.

I saw an ex magistrate comment once that it was a common story, people getting caught the following afternoon often with the family in the back because they simply didn't realise the alcohol lingered so long.

Associate
Yes for many that might well be right, but lets assume the Mcpratts liver has had a bit of experience with dealing with booze - he must have either had a blinder the night before or had been guzzling the same day.
I recon he was at it the same day which is not cool.

Soldato
Yes for many that might well be right, but lets assume the Mcpratts liver has had a bit of experience with dealing with booze - he must have either had a blinder the night before or had been guzzling the same day.
I recon he was at it the same day which is not cool.

He may metabolize alcohol faster than the average person or he may not - it wouldn't be effected by 'experience' though.

Soldato

I have heard this sort of maths many times but if I were to drink 20 units, sleep 8 hours and then go for a drive, I feel I would be an infinitely better driver than if I 12 units and went for a drive. Frankly I think my driving would be generally unimpaired from the latter but I would crash within barely any time driving after the former. It could be that I process alcohol quicker than that but I maybe also the effect of a hangover reduces the feeling of drunkenness?

Back
Top Bottom