The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
I'm having real issues with my ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac.
BIOS says it's running in Single channel memory mode (I have 2 x 8GB Team Group sticks in there).
Also Windows 10 detects 16GB but says only 7.95GB (or something) is usable.

I'm on the 4.50 BIOS. Any ideas?
Could it be 1 stick not inserted Right, Or one stick is Not working?, You're on a 64BIT Version of 10?

Soldato
Could it be 1 stick not inserted Right, Or one stick is Not working?, You're on a 64BIT Version of 10?
I am on the 64-bit version yes, otherwise I'd expect it to only see 3.75GB.
I took both sticks out and re-inserted them trying to solve the Windows only using 8GB issue. I can't remember if it was reading it as dual channel before that. Maybe another re-seating is in order. Although if it couldn't see both stick, why does the BIOS (and Windows) see 16GB? (Windows sees 16GB but says only 7.95GB is usable).

Associate
You tried setting the bios to default settings
if it says Single channel memory mode on the page in bios then could be a bad stick
try the kit in another pc if you know someone

Or a bad Memory slot

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I've just re-sat them and it's still saying Single Channel mode.
Both Windows and the BIOS are seeing both 8GB sticks as they're both reporting 16GB RAM. Is it possible to have a bad stick of memory opr a bad memory slot and still have both sticks being seen by the BIOS and OS?

I tried installing one stick at a time and the motherboard won't even post unless both slots are filled.

EDIT: This is the RAM I'm using: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-channel-kit-black-grey-tdged4-my-089-tg.html

Last edited:
Associate
saying Single Channel mode in bios then it will show only half of in windows, Someone lends you a kit or get hold of another diff memory kit or RMA for another kit
DARK T-FORCE 16GB a Good Kit,
Wonder what the brand of the IC Chips are can try Thaiphoon Burner
It may be also the kit not compatible with the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, Not supported yet
Like one of my M.2 Was compatible

Last edited:
Associate
I've got an asrock z370 extreme 4 and with that if using 2 sticks you had to put them in slot DDR_A2 and DDR_B2 for dual channel to work.

Check your mobo manual for installing DIMM module will probably be same thing.

Soldato
Well, I contacted ASRock support and they requested I test each stick in each slot separately.

These are the results:
Test1: Module 1 in slot A1, nothing in slot B1. = BOOT
Test2: Module 1 in slot B1, nothing in slot A1. = BOOT
Test3: Module 2 in slot A1, nothing in slot B1. = NO BOOT
Test4: Module 2 in slot B1, nothing in slot A1. = NO BOOT

So it's looking to me that one of my sticks of RAM might be faulty.

I previously tested putting 1 stick in each slot (one at a time), but I obviously used the faulty stick as it didn't boot either time (I actually thought maybe you had to have 2 RAM modules installed to boot).

RMA time I guess, at least I bought from OcUK, I just hope they find the same issue I did.
Will I be able to get a refund (and thus buy replacements ahead of time) or will I have to get a replacement (assuming OcUK find the fault too)?

EDIT: Just seen how much RAM has increased by (~£80), so may just go with replacement regardless.

Last edited:
Associate
Googaly, The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, Suffers from hardware Compatibility, The new 4.50 Bios sorted out one of my m.2 SSDs,
still, the other M.2 will not work,
Could be same with that memory kit, Don't like 2 sticks of that brand/ICs &
only picking it up as 1 stick in single Ch, Might be best to try a diff kit Like Corsair LPX 16gb kit
That what I am using in my Build on that motherboard

Just shows you how much the memory has gone up, I Paid
ORDER PLACED
21 October 2016
TOTAL
£75.99
now triple the price or more

Well you soon know when you get the Kit back IF it is so

Last edited:
Soldato
Googaly, The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, Suffers from hardware Compatibility, The new 4.50 Bios sorted out one of my m.2 SSDs,
still, the other M.2 will not work,
Could be same with that memory kit, Don't like 2 sticks of that brand/ICs &
only picking it up as 1 stick in single Ch, Might be best to try a diff kit Like Corsair LPX 16gb kit
That what I am using in my Build on that motherboard

Just shows you how much the memory has gone up, I Paid
ORDER PLACED
21 October 2016
TOTAL
£75.99
now triple the price or more

Well you soon know when you get the Kit back IF it is so
I guess it's possible, but why would one stick work and the other wouldn't when tried separately?

Associate
I can't wait for a new x370 Taichi bios, the current 4.60 version (which is mandatory for the 2700x, which I just got) is horrible. I have cold boot and boot reset problems since I'm running it.

And it's not tied to the 2700X, I did the upgrade yesterday while still running with my 1700X and I got the exact symptoms. Symptoms which I did not have while I was running the 4.40 bios...come on Asrock :rolleyes:

Associate
Additional feedback, the XFR 2.0 option is disabled by default. When enabling it you can set values for PDT/TDC/EDC limit settings, which I have no clue how they work and so left as is (value set to 0). As a result I don't think the functionality is working, haven't seen any real difference.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Additional feedback, the XFR 2.0 option is disabled by default. When enabling it you can set values for PDT/TDC/EDC limit settings, which I have no clue how they work and so left as is (value set to 0). As a result I don't think the functionality is working, haven't seen any real difference.

Try using these:

The "Precision Boost Override" feature available on 400-series motherboards allows increasing the physical limiters mentioned earlier. On SKUs belonging to the 105W TDP infrastructure group, the default limiters are following: PPT 141.75W, TDC 95A, EDC 140A and tJMax of 85°C (absolute, excl. offset).

When "Precision Boost Override" mode is enabled (AGESA default), PPT becomes essentially unrestricted (1000W), TDC is set to 114A and EDC to 168A. These limits can be customized by the ODM so that the new limits will comply with the electrical characteristics of the motherboard design in question.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-strictly-technical.2500572/page-72#post-39391302

Last edited:
Associate
I can't wait for a new x370 Taichi bios, the current 4.60 version (which is mandatory for the 2700x, which I just got) is horrible. I have cold boot and boot reset problems since I'm running it.

And it's not tied to the 2700X, I did the upgrade yesterday while still running with my 1700X and I got the exact symptoms. Symptoms which I did not have while I was running the 4.40 bios...come on Asrock :rolleyes:

4.60 wouldn't even boot when I dialled in my overclock on my 1700. I think it might have been setting the memory (the ocuk team kit) to 3200 but I couldn't say for sure. Either way, it's stable on 3.20 so I'm sticking with it...

I've found bios support with the x370 Taichi to be very hit and miss. Anyone know how Gigabyte and Asus compare?

Back
Top Bottom