EeAflRr.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • jHOoBNE.png
    jHOoBNE.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
How do you think I feel looking at street and satellite views as I plan these routes?

I even leaned on my chair subconsciously at one point...

Soldato
Given the roads i personally think its abit far in a day . I think to enjoy the roads and scenery and to make the most of it i would add a day and drop the mileage abit . But looks like a fantastic trip . Look forward to the updates

Man of Honour
OP
Given the roads i personally think its abit far in a day . I think to enjoy the roads and scenery and to make the most of it i would add a day and drop the mileage abit . But looks like a fantastic trip . Look forward to the updates

There's not a lot of scenery in the area, it's mostly forests. The last day is long because I have a 2 your motorway trip to get back.

So you really consider 300km/200 mile per day average really a lot?

Caporegime
There's not a lot of scenery in the area, it's mostly forests. The last day is long because I have a 2 your motorway trip to get back.

So you really consider 300km/200 mile per day average really a lot?

Averaging 100mph, it's only 2 hours of riding :p

Man of Honour
OP
s4ClTA4.jpg

Top box is installed ready for packing tomorrow morning. It looks like we'll be lucky with the weather except potentially for the ride home.

Before you all have a fit I'm not willing to risk breaking my spine with a backpack (#1 cause of spine injuries for motorcyclists is wearing a backpack), and it's only temporary for 4 day+ trips.

Man of Honour
OP
So after a little bit of sadness staring at the slightly leaky MT-10 that had been propped up by some fellow bikers, recovery guy turned up after lots of odd and unorganised french/swiss people and I gave Kreeeee a lift back to the hotel, where we drowned our sorrows in steak because we both knew the trip was kinda over. Not wanting to finish on my own, I decided to give up and just rode home to finish my move (meh :/) and went through the black forest. Not as fun as I'd expected since there where still loads of closed roads (i guess due to snow? didn't seem to be any though so I'm confused) which meant I got lost a lot as garmin reroutes like an idiot. Still no dirt paths so I call it a win for garmin! Google had no idea on half these road closures so it was a bit useless too :/

All in, it was actually a great day of riding with Kreeeee and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure we'll meet up again once he's bike ready, maybe this time he'll have ditched his policeman helmet and have found a bike that I can hear. I hope I changed his mind about onesie wearing bmw riders who don't wave.

Thank you so much for the incredible update! I must admit I have lost all motivation having face planted into the tarmac.

On my end: The bike arrived at the garage on Wednesday and Thursday was a public holiday. It was reviewed on Friday but I forgot to call yesterday to find out the damage, I guess I'll find out on Monday.

In terms of clothing I'll put up some pictures tomorrow if I remember (remind me via whatsapp if you remember and I don't), but I have already bought a new set of FLM summer textiles and a black Schuberth C3 Pro helmet. The boots are fine apart from the squeak and I had already bought new gloves.

If the bike isn't written off I will be keeping it and getting that stupidly expensive Akrapovic exhaust. If it is written off I will probably get either a Street Triple 765 RS or 675 R depending on what the best bargain I can find is. The Duke 390 and MT-09 are still on my radar so you never really know what I'll end up with.

We will definitely be meeting up this summer to finish our trip, but on the Swiss roads that are meticulously maintained! P.S. I'm sorry if I made your wife worry.

Edit: My wife came to pick me up and we ended up having a really nice unplanned 2 day holiday with the family. We were all together when my daughter took her first steps (and then elbowed me in the balls people's elbow style) so there's a silver lining for that cloud.

If thats all the damage i would not even tell my insurance company .. a few hundred euros in parts and you will be good to go

That swingarm is painfully expensive!

I have protection on my insurance so I can have one accident per year without affecting my premium. It's a good job given my track record!

Back
Top Bottom