• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
On both a 1700 and a 2700x to exhibit the same freezing my guess (and hope) is it's not the IMC.

I'd have to be very very unlucky to get a 2700x to replace a 1700 to also suffer from the same issue. A crap IMC or what he said limitations in the infinity fabric.

I'm not convinced.
Im just waiting for... You to post that new ram kit does not work either like 90% sure by now.

Soldato
On both a 1700 and a 2700x to exhibit the same freezing my guess (and hope) is it's not the IMC.

I'd have to be very very unlucky to get a 2700x to replace a 1700 to also suffer from the same issue. A crap IMC or what he said limitations in the infinity fabric.

I'm not convinced.

Best of luck to you.

Have OC acknowledged that the RAM is faulty and issued a replacement.?

Maybe I've just been lucky with my Intel builds as they have all overclocked easily and been very stable. Anything more complex than three BIOS changes would overwhelm me, lol.
Perhaps that is similar for some with their Ryzen builds also.

Soldato
Best of luck to you.

Have OC acknowledged that the RAM is faulty and issued a replacement.?

Maybe I've just been lucky with my Intel builds as they have all overclocked easily and been very stable. Anything more complex than three BIOS changes would overwhelm me, lol.
Perhaps that is similar for some with their Ryzen builds also.

Not yet. The ram should be received by them today.

Without heavy tweaking I was struggling to get it to pass at least 400% in HCI. (even tho it would still freeze in game)

I was fiddling with it for about 4 weeks.

Soldato
The chips are great. What's rubbish is the ram situation.
Indeed, and what's most annoying is it's been like this for over a year >.>

When I first ordered a 1700X/Gaming-5 setup last February I got a Team Group Elite 2400MHz Kit, wouldn't even post lol, so I looked at the memory list to see what Gigabyte said was validated to both work and work at XMP then bought a Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz kit. That managed to post but couldn't achieve XMP stable (still can't though with BIOS 23f it can now get into Windows before crashing), Gigabyte have now removed its XMP validation from their list (guess they actually tested it lol). Finally I got a G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3200MHz kit (once again tested and validated by Gigabyte to work at XMP) which couldn't get XMP stable either at which point I just gave up and have been running it as 2133MHz lol.

What a mess, at least the CPUs are good even if the RAM support is awful.

Permabanned
Said it 50 times herw. You dont go cheap on ryzen ram or tpu buy 8pack 3200 or 3200 gskill flareX or 3600cl15 gskill or this week best option... 4000mhz 8pack one that will run 3466cl14

People buy ****** hynix based ddrs and expect to have 3000+ on ryzen with no problems. Its like going and teying to buy 100% sure win scratch card lol

Im on 5th kit if You remember. Its no ******* about game u get kit give it 2 days max aend back get different and so on till tou get one that works way you want it. Its not gonna magically work next day of ots not working good for start.

Still laughing at suckers that got cheap hynix based kits in first week of ryzen living dream that the kits will go full speed after bioss update. One year late still waiting for that magical bios lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Said it 50 times herw. You dont go cheap on ryzen ram or tpu buy 8pack 3200 or 3200 gskill flareX or 3600cl15 gskill or this week best option... 4000mhz 8pack one that will run 3466cl14

People buy ****** hynix based ddrs and expect to have 3000+ on ryzen with no problems. Its like going and teying to buy 100% sure win scratch card lol

Im on 5th kit if You remember. Its no ******* about game u get kit give it 2 days max aend back get different and so on till tou get one that works way you want it. Its not gonna magically work next day of ots not working good for start.

Still laughing at suckers that got cheap hynix based kits in first week of ryzen living dream that the kits will go full speed after bioss update. One year late still waiting for that magical bios lol

The ram I sent back was the 8Pack B-Die stuff.

Man of Honour

You're laughing at people who in the first week were unaware of the RAM issues and assumed that the advertised speeds would be speed that they get?

:confused:

Permabanned
You're laughing at people who in the first week were unaware of the RAM issues and assumed that the advertised speeds would be speed that they get?

:confused:
Yes cause everyone before Ryzen came out even AMD said to get Samsung B die ram kits.
Cost me 35 quid in shipment to find good working ram kit. And two weeks after Zen 1 lunech i was rocking 3333cl14 STABLE..
And rest was like... Naa no point bios will fix it.
But IMC design CANT BE FIXED. It never was 100% bios/software thing its how the controller is designed. Base off RAMBUS design that's design maxed out at 3200 MAXED OUT.

Caporegime
Ryzen 7 2700X is the faster CPU. Just accept (I mean the Intel trolls) that it's stupid to take a 12-thread processor over a 16-thread one.

upload jpg
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,18.html

lol.... it just goes to show how ridiculous these arguments are, one pulls up and Intel winning 3DMark slide that is then countered by a later 3DMark application where Ryzen wins.

So what are we going to take away from this slide then? to use the Intel side argument the 8700K bottlenecks the GTX 1080 more than Ryzen.

Soldato
I still think It's not the ram kit and that second one wont work either.

I'll find out when the new kit arrives. If it still doesn't work then it must be the mobo. But I need new ram to tell. Otherwise it's all guess work.

---

Actually no. That's not what 8Pack let on at all in the memory thread. He is saying that if it isn't the IMC then it's the infinity fabric limiting the ram.

I don't believe it tho people are running this ram at higher frequencies on lesser CPU's with my board.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not yet. The ram should be received by them today.

Without heavy tweaking I was struggling to get it to pass at least 400% in HCI. (even tho it would still freeze in game)

I was fiddling with it for about 4 weeks.

Frustrating would be an understatement there.
Is the system running at the moment with any spare RAM.?

With my Corsair LP 3200 2x8GB sticks I have, and the price of memory, I couldn't afford to be changing that for a Ryzen build. Thankfully it just works with my 6700k.

Soldato
Frustrating would be an understatement there.
Is the system running at the moment with any spare RAM.?

With my Corsair LP 3200 2x8GB sticks I have, and the price of memory, I couldn't afford to be changing that for a Ryzen build. Thankfully it just works with my 6700k.

Nope. I have no spare DDR4 ram. I sold my Corsair set.

Soldato
Ryzen 7 2700X is the faster CPU. Just accept (I mean the Intel trolls) that it's stupid to take a 12-thread processor over a 16-thread one.

upload jpg
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-review,18.html

I bet the intel chips are at stock config tho, so flawed. Sorry if you guys think I am been harsh expecting intel OC results, but for K series chips thats exactly what I expect.

Granted I think the 8700k will still have a lower score then that ryzen, so its looking good the 2700x on that test anyway, its just so stupid we not seeing OC intel chips on these graphs. The tech review industry is in a massive mess right now. Even adoredtv has now started accepting sponsored hardware and doing reviews based on them as well.

Soldato
I bet the intel chips are at stock config tho, so flawed. Sorry if you guys think I am been harsh expecting intel OC results, but for K series chips thats exactly what I expect.

Granted I think the 8700k will still have a lower score then that ryzen, so its looking good the 2700x on that test anyway, its just so stupid we not seeing OC intel chips on these graphs. The tech review industry is in a massive mess right now. Even adoredtv has now started accepting sponsored hardware and doing reviews based on them as well.

adoredtv plays up to the Wffc-tech type of reader/commentator with sensationalism, which his opinion peaces are messy ball of contrition mess, using articles of opinion to support his arguments.

I would love to see a Cleanprincegaming type of channel but on PC tech

Permabanned
I'll find out when the new kit arrives. If it still doesn't work then it must be the mobo. But I need new ram to tell. Otherwise it's all guess work.

---

Actually no. That's not what 8Pack let on at all in the memory thread. He is saying that if it isn't the IMC then it's the infinity fabric limiting the ram.

I don't believe it tho people are running this ram at higher frequencies on lesser CPU's with my board.
Yup two limiters on Ryzen first is IMC second is fabric But You had 2 CPU's so id say its Motherboard.
I know 8pack 3200 will do [email protected] volts.
Gotta remember 2000 uses SAME IMC as 1000. So its more about motherboard and bioss this time around.

Back
Top Bottom