Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Caporegime
It's only loyalty if he actually had an option to leave but decided to stay. He only decided to stay at Atletico last time when the Utd move broke down and I have serious doubts over Barca's ability to buy him. Atletico wouldn't willingly sell to them which means Barca would have had to pay his release clause which would have meant paying the full sum up front, something that they certainly couldn't do when they signed Coutinho for instance.
I suspect Barca couldn't afford much up front after buying Coutinho and Dembele. They likely wanted a relatively small upfront and then installments and Atletico refused most likely.

Soldato
Looking increasingly likely that Allison will be Real Madrid bound it seems. I wonder if Liverpool will turn their attentions to Oblak. To be quite honest, I actually think Liverpool will end up not buying a new No.1 and will stick with Karius.

Sings "Loris Karius we want you to stay" :p

Do Liverpool have £70 - £80 million to spend on a GK?

Man of Honour
Sings "Loris Karius we want you to stay" :p

Do Liverpool have £70 - £80 million to spend on a GK?

Yeah we do, but I dont think we will now. I think Allison will end up at RM and Liverpool havent really shown much interest in Oblak. In some ways the whole concussion thing provided a degree of protection for Karius and I really wouldnt be surprised now to see Karius back in goal next season , with maybe a new "backup" keeper instead.

Man of Honour
Superb.. :D

"Manchester United are preparing a £60m bid to sign Brazilian winger Willian, 29, from Chelsea this summer. "

I was thinking last night he might move on after Chelsea not qualifying for CL.. This man has no pride or loyalty as Spurs found out a few years back. Typical player that expects everything to come his way.

Caporegime
OP
Superb.. :D

"Manchester United are preparing a £60m bid to sign Brazilian winger Willian, 29, from Chelsea this summer. "

I was thinking last night he might move on after Chelsea not qualifying for CL.. This man has no pride or loyalty as Spurs found out a few years back. Typical player that expects everything to come his way.

Yeah, let's not forget Liverpool were also dealt the blow there that he was going to join us, then went to Spurs, then Chelsea.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wait, what?

You talking about Willian moving from Chelsea to United and having no loyalty. Now I'm confused.

His parent club were offered more from Chelsea and he probably got paid more by Chelsea and Chelsea were a much bigger club than Tottenham at the time.

Hes been at Chelsea for 5 season now and I've never heard a bad word about him. Hes 29, didn't get played as much as he might have wanted this season and Chelsea don't have CL football next year and Mourinho was the manger who signed him at Chelsea.

I'm struggling to see how he has no loyalty.

Soldato
The bigger story is man united blowing another load on an aging forward.
an even bigger story would be if Utd were signing a player who predominantly played on the left

(if you believe we will be handing over £60m in transfer fee, you need to go into journalism as a profession - to be with like minded individuals)

Would love Willian at Utd - but not at anything like that price. £40m would be a reasonable deal for both sides (not sure of his contract situation currently) given his age and ability. Utd are also in desperate need of someone over on that side that can actually produce something game after game.

Saying all that, after all the press flack aimed at Chelsea for letting Matic go last summer, I cant see them letting another one go easily to the same place a year later even for £50m

Soldato
Wolves have signed Rui Patricio from Sporting. NO idea if it's actually on a free (there was talk of a fee being agreed before the player cancelled his contract (as did a number of other Sporting players)) but a signing I'm happy with regardless!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Willian is a great player and we are sorely missing some creativity on the right hand side. Valencia makes me so sad when he runs down the wing and either puts in an awful cross or more often checks back, run backwards a few metres and then passed to another United player after completely halting the attack.

Back
Top Bottom