Noctua RMA experiences?

rn2

rn2

Associate
I bought a Noctua cooler last year for my CPU, just lately I have started to hear an annoying humming noise throughout the case generated by the vibration form the fan, the fan itself has a lot of vibration coming from it. It never used to be like that. I appleid for an RMA about two weeks a go and have not heard anything back?

Soldato
Have you tested if noise is caused by that particular fan?
(by stopping it)

Though quite notable vibration seems to be feature of Noctua fans.
NF-P12 and NF-F12 fans which have come with NH-U12P and NH-U12S heatsinks are like vibrating rollers compared to good fans.
(next heatsink certainly won't be Noctua)

Maybe accumulation of dust to blades has caused that fan to start vibrating even more...

Permabanned
I bought a Noctua cooler last year for my CPU, just lately I have started to hear an annoying humming noise throughout the case generated by the vibration form the fan, the fan itself has a lot of vibration coming from it. It never used to be like that. I appleid for an RMA about two weeks a go and have not heard anything back?
Noctua are one of the best companies I've dealt with. Send them another email or call them if that is an option.

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Well I have had no response from my RMA or email I sent and itt's been a very long time now. Their fans in my opinion are not very quiet, always some type of humming coming from them, even from new and at low RPM, I have returned a few in the past and I actaully have had better experience from the cheap arctic fans, this will be the last noctua product I buy.

Soldato
I tried the Noctua address in my address book to see if I'd get a reply, along with telling them of your issue, and promptly received one.

Dear Danny,
first of all many thanks for your interest and your inquiry at Noctua.

I've checked both of our RMA queues, but I didn't find any unanswered 2-week old inquiries.

It's very likely that his request didn't go through. Could you please ask this person if he's received an automated email confirming that we've received his inquiry? Thanks!
Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Dawid Sopata
Noctua support team

Maybe send an email to [email protected] for the attention of Dawid?

Back
Top Bottom