• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus RMA

Associate
Anybody got any experience of how long Asus take to fix/replace a dead card.
Just curious to know if it would be less painfull to buy a new one and sell the old one upon return.
I wouldn't mind but it's only been used for a week continuously. 10 days max!

Man of Honour
Asus warranty has to be done through the retailer for the whole of the warranty period so don't let whichever retailer it is fob you off saying you have to go through Asus directly. Asus doesn't deal with the end user. Once you get that across to the retailer and they accept the RMA that's the easy bit done. When they send it off to Asus is where the pain comes in because Asus can be terrible with warranties and it could take anything up to 28 days although I have heard of it taking even longer.

Is the card just 10 days old? If so the retailer should do a direct swap straight away.

Associate
IMO Asus has one of the worst warranty's going.

If it has been 10 days ask for a refund and buy evga the extra price is worth the warranty

Associate
OP
Sorry just need to clear a few things up. The card has only been in use for a week as I put it aside after buying and testing it months ago, since then It's been sat waiting to be installed. Also the card has been forwarded on to Asus by the supplier. Thanks for your thoughts guys, I just hope it doesn't take to long.

Soldato
Sorry just need to clear a few things up. The card has only been in use for a week as I put it aside after buying and testing it months ago, since then It's been sat waiting to be installed. Also the card has been forwarded on to Asus by the supplier. Thanks for your thoughts guys, I just hope it doesn't take to long.

It won't. As of a year or two all UK RMA go through the retailer, so don't read too much into people relaying horror stories vicariously through each other. ASUS service is far from stellar, but recent changes bring it to an acceptable level.

Soldato
Asus warranty has to be done through the retailer for the whole of the warranty period
Just a note, ASUS will also deal direct to the consumer if the retailer is unwilling or unable to help them. However they will (in my experience) ask the consumer to cover return postage costs for the repaired/replaced card.

Man of Honour
Good luck - Asus RMA was a joke last time I tried. Was probably 4 months ago so I hope for your sake it is better these days.

Soldato
I'm glad my Motherboard & 970 are out of warranty TBH, think I'd prefer an excuse to buy something new, rather than deal with the frustrations of an ASUS RMA procedure TBH.

Associate
OP
It all sounds hopeful then... :D
Ok, another question, whats the best card to buy of reasonable quality (here's me thinking with Asus I didn't need to worry) and best UK support if it breaks again, 'cus' I don't have the time in my life to wait for new release cards.
Well this Birthday Present has gone to ****

Soldato
When it comes to RMA's your talking about which is the least worst, not the best.

Supposedly EVGA & Gigabyte have about as good a reputation in this area as its possible to have, but I'm guessing someone here will be along to tell you a horror story they've had dealing with them at some point as well.

The whole business of getting warranty repairs/replacements on PC components, just sucks.

Associate
Going through the same process with OCUK as we speak, they sent a pre paid lable out for DPD pickup (Nice!) that was dropped off sameday @ pickup point.
DPD got the card to OCUK the following Monday - no idea how it took that long. Same day OCUK updated status to testing, then an hour later to sent to ASUS for repair/replacement - could take up to 28 days. If more than 28 days a refund will be offered by OCUK with a potential % taken off if the card is now cheaper to buy... think i have 21 days to go....... - OCUK wise - spot on though :)

Associate
OP
JackCarver, at least we can compare notes! mine got sent to Asus on the 2nd July.
Also to keep things straight, I was told maybe 2 weeks with no committal or offer of any such refund thus far anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Sharing my experience but with a different manufacturer: I had to RMA my MSI Gaming 980 Ti. Bought during launch for £600 and died literally 2 days before the 3 year warranty date.

After 28 days, they issued a credit of £284. I understand they may no longer have any 980 Tis left to replace it with but not even a 1070?

For £284, what can I even get that matches what I had bar sniping for 980 Tis on the MM. Is this considered acceptable?

Soldato
Sharing my experience but with a different manufacturer: I had to RMA my MSI Gaming 980 Ti. Bought during launch for £600 and died literally 2 days before the 3 year warranty date.

After 28 days, they issued a credit of £284. I understand they may no longer have any 980 Tis left to replace it with but not even a 1070?

For £284, what can I even get that matches what I had bar sniping for 980 Tis on the MM. Is this considered acceptable?

I can see how they try to argue that's what 980Ti is now worth but as you say that won't put you back in the same position as you were. I'd try your local trading standards and check what your rights are.

Soldato

That sucks, my buddies Inno3D 980ti died a few months ago and they sent him a GTX1070 as a replacement. Having said that they also sent me a GTX1050 as replacement for a high end GTX960 so they're not always great xD

Associate
That sucks, my buddies Inno3D 980ti died a few months ago and they sent him a GTX1070 as a replacement. Having said that they also sent me a GTX1050 as replacement for a high end GTX960 so they're not always great xD

Yeah it's stressful as hell and will definitely affect my decision to not buy MSI in the future. EVGA it is.

Back
Top Bottom