Poll: British Grand Prix 2018, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Rate the 2018 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I think we all need to put away our tinfoil hats. It was Kimi's mistake, it happens almost every weekend on lap one. They have all done it at some point and the Hass does it every week between the two of them!

Associate
Well there were two debates. For clarity, I do not believe it was deliberate, but do believe he was at fault.

Edit: To clarify further, it is Lewis and Mercedes comment that it was deliberate that I find to be a daft statement.

Soldato
Well there were two debates. For clarity, I do not believe it was deliberate, but do believe he was at fault.

Edit: To clarify further, it is Lewis and Mercedes comment that it was deliberate that I find to be a daft statement.
Agreed, anyone who is in F1 also agree apart from Mercedes it seems. Kimi accepted the error he made which will always occur at a start of a gp. There should be no cause for any further debate and I hope that all within Mercedes do retract their opinions...

Soldato
Agreed.
  • Kimi was at fault but it wasn't intentional.
  • The punishments are inconsistent.
  • Lewis shouldn't have screwed up his start and then he wouldn't even have been in that position.

Caporegime
Too many severely biased people in these threads.
Ferrari ones are more obvious but the Kimi incident is bring out the Hamilton ones too

Anyone watch the channel 4 post race? Coulthard was saying penalties should reflect the crime.. X seconds depending on time lost. What a load of nonsense! Even the main anchor (forget his name) disagreed lol

Actually think Kimi should have gotten 5 seconds (for consistency).
It' aa fine line. You dont want penalties like that to be to severe to put off what few overtakes are attempted, but you need something.
5 OR 10sec consistent time penalty would suffice

Man of Honour
obviously under pressure from the FIA to do so or face a ban

Either trolling, sarcasm or delusional. Not sure which is worse.

He admitted fault, it wasn’t a conspiracy. It was poor driving, but it happens and he was penalised as he should be. Poor form of merc at the time to suggest otherwise, but they were clearly frustrated. Toto must have received a talking to after his interview.

The whole F1 fan base seems to have become toxic. I thought it was bad on here, the social media channels make for grim reading. I think a lot of time people here are just harmlessly winding others up, I think the social media comments are a lot worse.

Agreed.
  • Lewis shouldn't have screwed up his start and then he wouldn't even have been in that position.

His start wasn’t great, but it wasn’t as bad as it looked either (on board his car barely bogged down at all). What we are now seeing is that the Ferrari starts are very very good.

Soldato
Apparently Santino Ferrucci the guy who hit is own team mate in F2. Tried to run a Donald Trump, Make America Great Again livery at Sliverstone. Obliviously could just be someone trolling, but there's a copy of the letter where FIA refused this.

Permabanned
The whole F1 fan base seems to have become toxic. I thought it was bad on here, the social media channels make for grim reading. I think a lot of time people here are just harmlessly winding others up, I think the social media comments are a lot worse.

Everything began in Australia 2017, with that (if you have evidence to something before then, please share):

That led to the angry Sebastian in Baku and to the culmination yesterday at Silverstone.

Permabanned
A lot of F1 fans seem to have the mentality of 12 year old's on social media, say anything bad about their favourite driver or team and they lose it.

It's entertaining and a little depressing at the same time. :o

Soldato
Its Turning into Football tbh. AT LEAST ON THE THE INTERWEBS
A lot of F1 fans seem to have the mentality of 12 year old's on social media, say anything bad about their favourite driver or team and they lose it.

It's entertaining and a little depressing at the same time. :o

Have any of you guys actully been to the races for the past few years or are majority here armchair fans?

The reason i ask is because ive been to many f1 races and the people who actually go are not like you lot . Everyone is proper civil and no trolling from anyone .

ive sat next to countless vettel/ferrari fans(im a hamilton/merc fan) and we all have a laugh and enjoy the race .

Its crazy here

Permabanned
Agreed.

Intentional is a strong word, I'd say he could have done more to avoid contact, like slowing down before the corner, he was carrying to much speed and that's why he locked up.

Even without the lockup he probably would have hit Lewis anyway.

The punishments are inconsistent, the 5 seconds Vettel received the other week was pathetic, he always seems to get off lightly.

Bad starts happen, that's no excuse or justification for what happens afterwards.

Soldato
Honestly sooner Lewis Hamilton gives up racing the better. He winds me up every time I watch a race, the only time he is happy is when he's out front with no competition. Yes he's won a lot of races but lets face it most are due to having a car that is so much faster than the rest. Like the indycar driver said after he criticised them... it must be really hard to go out each race knowing the only competition is your team mate. Now he has competition he don't like it.

The race on the weekend was really good, but the way he acted afterwards was terrible, like Kimmis wife said if you're going to cry like a baby girl do ballet. Afterwards knowing that he'd been a complete idiot he blamed being exhausted, too tired to stand let alone speak, what rubbish.

Man of Honour
Honestly sooner Lewis Hamilton gives up racing the better. He winds me up every time I watch a race, the only time he is happy is when he's out front with no competition. Yes he's won a lot of races but lets face it most are due to having a car that is so much faster than the rest. Like the indycar driver said after he criticised them... it must be really hard to go out each race knowing the only competition is your team mate. Now he has competition he don't like it.

The race on the weekend was really good, but the way he acted afterwards was terrible, like Kimmis wife said if you're going to cry like a baby girl do ballet. Afterwards knowing that he'd been a complete idiot he blamed being exhausted, too tired to stand let alone speak, what rubbish.

He got punted off by his rivals team mate and therefore lost the opportunity of going into the lead of the championship, I think it's fair for him to be annoyed. Who wouldn't in that situation?

Permabanned
He got punted off by his rivals team mate and therefore lost the opportunity of going into the lead of the championship, I think it's fair for him to be annoyed. Who wouldn't in that situation?

Sorry but who says or promises Lewis any Championship? :confused: They are stuck in severe problems - Ferrari have the better car in race conditions and Sebastian isn't exactly the guy who will gift Lewis any lead...
Who wouldn't? Everyone wouldn't.
Mercedes don't accept and don't respect any competitors or competition.

Back
Top Bottom