Takeaway prices, AIBU?

Caporegime
OK I'm baulking at the idea of paying £20+ for a take-away Indian which comprises just 1 main, rice, 1 naan.

I remember back in my student days living on Indian food; we had masses of them round our way all competing for business, and for £7 I could get a main, rice, and free poppadoms. Think the most I ever spent was around £10. This was in Wales circa ~2000.

Is £20 a normal take-out price for 1 person? I hardly ever get take-away and at these prices won't be making a habit of it in future! The guys are literally laughing at me for being cheap, but I can't justify spunking money away like this.

Also, welcome to Mumsnet ;)

Caporegime
OP
Seems my neck of the woods is just extortionate for Indian, then. Tbh compared to the Swansea curry houses, they taste a bit **** down here, too.

I guess I'd better stick to pasties.

Caporegime
Seems my neck of the woods is just extortionate for Indian, then. Tbh compared to the Swansea curry houses, they taste a bit **** down here, too.

I guess I'd better stick to pasties.

Where are you?

The one in Newquay is actually really good. But yeah it's expensive.

Ree

Ree

Associate
its always around £40 for us two for the same but i live out in the sticks and there is only one indian.

Soldato
Picked my parents up at the airport on Thursday and had a take-away around theirs, three mains, two rice and three Naan which came to just over £15. So yeah, £20 for one is a tad pricey.

Back
Top Bottom