Summer Transfer Thread 2018

Soldato
You think? Didn't Hughes bin Forster towards the end of the season and McCarthy's not up to much.
I think Forster will go, McCarthy will retain first spot and Gunn will be used for cup games and maybe eventually displace McCarthy. I'll be surprised if he's first choice straight off the bat.

I think it was Pellegrino who binned Forster anyway, he was absolutely crap

Soldato
I hope Fosu-Mensah doesn’t go to Valencia. I’ve always felt like he’d be a good addition to the first team and he’s got a lot of potential.

Soldato
I hope Fosu-Mensah doesn’t go to Valencia. I’ve always felt like he’d be a good addition to the first team and he’s got a lot of potential.
hopefully too good to go out on loan - but he needs to nail down a particular spot on tour imo rather than be a fill in player anywhere

Man of Honour
has anybody ever spent anything like that on a sub keeper before?

Begovic was £8m, Barca had Ter Stegen and Bravo at one point, not sure who was really supposed to be the sub but both were not far off that in terms of price. Lloris was that sort of ballpark, and was backup to Friedel initially.

But yeah, £12m if he's genuinely meant to be a sub rather than competition is a lot.

Associate
Begovic was £8m, Barca had Ter Stegen and Bravo at one point, not sure who was really supposed to be the sub but both were not far off that in terms of price. Lloris was that sort of ballpark, and was backup to Friedel initially.

But yeah, £12m if he's genuinely meant to be a sub rather than competition is a lot.

We bought perin in to compete with szczesny so it is known like

Soldato
No one's bidding 60 million for ederson

They'd have to if they bought him now and we scored 9 past him in 3 games. He also made a few mistakes. How much would Courtois be without being in his last year? 60 mil? Roma scored 6 past him last season...

Harsh to take a couple of games as a screenshot really. If Chelsea sign Schmeichel Itll cost a shedload...and he isnt in the same league as Alisson.

Soldato
Max Meyer is still with out a club, what happened to him? He was hailed as the next big thing.

I'm surprised no one in Premier league has picked him up including us, free number 10 lol

Aulas was asked about fekir stated “I don’t think he will be leaving us, you never know. Nabil will be with us next season.”

Way to contridict self in less than a second, I'm surprised no press over here have asked klopp about it directly in any of the press conferences.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom