Soldato
Interesting to see how much thought and planning he put into making that thing, seems the council really screwed him over and he reached breaking point.

It's some proper A-Team/Mcguyver type engineering

I wonder how many more of these secret nuclear test/production sites there are that we don't know about, being 43x worse than Chernobyl for the caesium radiation is pretty ****** up, surely it would eventually spread around the world via food chain ?

Man of Honour
I rather like the history videos on the Extra Credits channel. They're currently doing a series on the 1918 flu pandemic. This is part 4, but I'll post this instead of part 1 because starting at about 1 minute in it describes a flu outbreak (in Philadelphia, USA) and I think that shows how bad things were. It's long seemed odd to me that one of the worst plagues in history was only 100 years ago and it's hardly known. They couldn't even count the dead. 50 million? 100 million? It was more than the deaths, though. So many people were infected and in need of medical treatment that it affected everything. Healthcare couldn't cope, not even close to it. Business faltered because so many people were too ill to work. Etc. One isolated island in south America didn't report any cases. That's it. Everywhere else in the world was hit by it.

Back
Top Bottom