• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£1050+ now for GTX2080ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I found a few old GPU purchase receipts normally always went high end, I remember thinking jesus 500 quid is a LOT.

I guess things move on and this world isn't becoming cheaper to live in :D

Associate
The card might be very good but I’m not buying at anything like that price. The early release of the 2080ti makes me suspect Nvidia are trying to milk this for all its worth before 7nm arrives. I’m not giving Intel any more CPU money as my 5960x is still fine and I want to see what AMDs 7nm looks like and Nvidia have made my mind up to wait for at least another year before selling the 1080ti SLI combo. I hope I can get a competitive Intel or AMD GPU before the end of 2019 but I want at least double 1080ti SLI performance before upgrading and I’m more prepared to wait than at any time in the last 20 years. AMD cpu next then hopefully an AMD GPU or maybe Intel. I’m not paying for someone to take the p**s out of me.

Soldato
those prices just make me laugh, think I'll change my gpu purchasing strategy to just buy high end last gen cards when new ones come out. 1080ti will be a good upgrade to the 1070.

Associate
Why do we pay so much more in Europe for electronics? In the US they pay less dollars than we do pounds.... As an example if you look on newegg, you can see a MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio for $799 , on overclockers its £899 pounds, in Holland its 949 EUR... $799 is like £630, so we are getting really screwed :(

Associate
Why do we pay so much more in Europe for electronics? In the US they pay less dollars than we do pounds.... As an example if you look on newegg, you can see a MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio for $799 , on overclockers its £899 pounds, in Holland its 949 EUR... $799 is like £630, so we are getting really screwed :(
Do those prices include tax?

Associate

In the US they show prices without sales tax, UK sales tax 'VAT' is 20% so once you take that into consideration there's not much difference.

Associate
In the US they show prices without sales tax, UK sales tax 'VAT' is 20% so once you take that into consideration there's not much difference.

Ah ok, makes more sense but even with 20% sales tax the US price for the card I stated is £750, far cheaper than £899.

Caporegime
Tracing the pee with those prices :o.

So you could buy an XBX, PS4 Pro and a Switch for similar money, can only make the decision for some to switch to consoles easier.

I bet people will still fall over themselves to buy them :(

Soldato
With crypto going through a horrible winter, I'm not sure how they expect to sell many cards at this price as it's only really appealing to people who want better fps at 4k

Even at 1440p I'm in a minority compared to the 64% on steam who still game at 1080p and my now old Ti is more than enough for 1440p

Which Ti is that? I game at 1440p but stuck on a GTX 980 for now :(. If these new cards mean it will push prices down on second hand cards, might consider a card that can handle games at 1440p. I need to lock my monitor to 60FPS also or I get screen tear.

Associate
The 'too good to be true' price was just that, OCUK were cool about it and offered a discount but I cancelled the order; I'll wait till the reviews come in and maybe pick up a 2080 if it's 4k performance is a big improvement over my 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom