• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Soldato
The cards have different coolers and we don't know which are better and have a higher boost...

AIB cards do. I would expect their OC cards to be around or slightly faster than the founder's edition (which is a slight OC vs reference), and the top end cards will get what they can (probably not a lot more than the OC cards). It's not clear to me whether there will be any reference spec cards available from anyone.

Associate
I got an answer roughly to the tune that the GPU guy was not around and it’s probably a pricing error... which isn’t right :D

Nobody seems able to confirm what’s reference board and what’s not either.
They are all reference at this stage, just with different coolers, lights and clockspeeds. I imagine most of them will match the Nvidia oc. The modified ones will come later FTW, Strix, Aurous etc.

Soldato
They are all reference at this stage, just with different coolers, lights and clockspeeds. I imagine most of them will match the Nvidia oc. The modified ones will come later FTW, Strix, Aurous etc.

And if the voltage is hard limited in the GPU again then its all pointless as OC potential is rendered roughly even...

The cards have different coolers and we don't know which are better and have a higher boost...

AIB cards do. I would expect their OC cards to be around or slightly faster than the founder's edition (which is a slight OC vs reference), and the top end cards will get what they can (probably not a lot more than the OC cards). It's not clear to me whether there will be any reference spec cards available from anyone.

There isnt really an issue as you can just download MSI Afterburner and either notice your card clocks way higher than listed anyway or apply an overclock to it yourself. Incredibly simple, the listed boosts are pretty pointless if anything like Pascal there was zero reason to buy AIB mostly bar the cooler.

Associate
I've been trying to decide what is the best value for performance per price. The jump from 2070 to 2080 only adds so much compared to the jump from 2080 to 2080ti. Yes the price leap is more, but about every aspect goes up in performance as well? Any one else want to speculate on that?

Soldato
Think gaming is 2.5 slots and windforce is 2 slots, but idk. Gaming probably has a higher OC too, but not confirmed.
Don't think there is any way to tell atm there was an article on videocardz about them and all they could come up with was the shroud

Thanks guys, been having a look at previous versions and it looks like the gaming version has a slightly higher clock yes.

Associate
It's all "gamer" stuff. So just go with the one that has the most LEDs. :D
GALAX_GeForce_RTX_2080_Ti_HOF.0.jpg

Will this one suffice?

Soldato
Agree to disagree, NV store launch was 20th Sep, Overnight 23rd October (U.K.) so Short of stock. Many AIB vendors you won’t know until they arrive, or have you forgotten the 1080 stock when that launched which took months to fulfil.

If you are thinking of buying it then smart move is to secure one, if it’s not for you in a months time just cancel the order no harm done. People are talking like it’s not possible to cancel an order which doesn’t fulfil for a month :)

That’s tech for you.
They take your cash and hold it though. You don't just pay when it's ready. You pay there and then and that's a load of cash out if your account.

Back
Top Bottom