Crazy Prices just for me to go to uk

Soldato
With me being on holiday from work I thought I may take a little trip to the UK for the weekend
(I live in Guernsey)

But at these stupid prices I think I forget that idea :mad::mad::mad:

d3231g3.png

Soldato
How much does it cost for you to visit France?

At them prices, I wonder if it's worth just buying yourself a really cheap boat to ferry yourself back and forth.

Soldato
Well....

The Condor Liberation (apparently the only boat/ship running this route?) is propelled by 3 x MTU 8000 M71L engines that use 2072 litres of diesel per hour.
Covering the (roughly) 84 nautical miles from St Peter Port to Poole at the vessel's given speed of 39 knots, each engine will consume 4,465 litres of diesel which, at commercial prices of £1.12 per litre , costs 3 x £5,000.80.
So that's £15,002.40 in fuel alone.
Add on reasonable salaries for all the crew, any docking fees, maintenance costs, insurance (which, given the ship's history and reputation, is likely to be pretty hefty!) and all teh other running expenses, you're looking at quite a lot more...

However...
I just had a look on CondorFerries.co.uk and, inputting the same info there, looks to be offering me a return on the same dates for £181.
So who are you booking passage with and do they include a 'happy ending' or something?

Soldato
OP
However...
I just had a look on CondorFerries.co.uk and, inputting the same info there, looks to be offering me a return on the same dates for £181.
So who are you booking passage with and do they include a 'happy ending' or something?
That because you choose UK to Guernsey and only one way ..

With a return on Monday your fare would be £347

Back
Top Bottom