Crazy Prices just for me to go to uk

Soldato
The UK hasn't been cheap in my lifetime. I'm told by the old people that it was cheaper than Europe until about 40 years ago.

Soldato
OP
Maybe am completely wrong but I feel it would cost me around £1000 for just 2 full days by the time I paid them tickets prices, hotel rooms for 3 nights , Fuel , Food & drink etc

Soldato
OP
Well....

The Condor Liberation (apparently the only boat/ship running this route?) is propelled by 3 x MTU 8000 M71L engines that use 2072 litres of diesel per hour.
Covering the (roughly) 84 nautical miles from St Peter Port to Poole at the vessel's given speed of 39 knots, each engine will consume 4,465 litres of diesel which, at commercial prices of £1.12 per litre , costs 3 x £5,000.80.
So that's £15,002.40 in fuel alone.
Add on reasonable salaries for all the crew, any docking fees, maintenance costs, insurance (which, given the ship's history and reputation, is likely to be pretty hefty!) and all teh other running expenses, you're looking at quite a lot more..
This Condor Liberation can hold 880 passengers, 245 cars (Not sure if the car spaces include freight lorry spaces)

Even if just 225 passengers paid £450each for there tickets that £100,000 then you got the other 650 passengers seats & Freight lorrys etc

Commissario
With me being on holiday from work I thought I may take a little trip to the UK for the weekend
(I live in Guernsey)

But at these stupid prices I think I forget that idea :mad::mad::mad:

You know that the Condor is rubbish? I'm sure you do.

But even with that in mind, you have little choice.

If you book early enough, it's cheap. I have a car and four people doing that trip later in the year and the total return cost was £244.

/edit - And two of them don't have passports. We do this trip regularly and have never, ever been asked to show photo ID.

Soldato
OP
You know that the Condor is rubbish? I'm sure you do.

But even with that in mind, you have little choice.

If you book early enough, it's cheap. I have a car and four people doing that trip later in the year and the total return cost was £244.

/edit - And two of them don't have passports. We do this trip regularly and have never, ever been asked to show photo ID.
Yes all the islanders know condor is rubbish .But as you say we got no other choice....:(

is you're trip leaving/arriving between Friday & Monday as there week day fares can be much cheaper..

Back
Top Bottom