• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
You seem seriously out of touch with what is happening and unable to see past gaming, and even then past benchmarking. I kind of get that... but these are desktop chips and the market is much bigger.
Me out of touch, you just said Intel have a long way to go and need to bring forth the challenge to amd when intel is the current core for core leader in performance after being at the top for the best part of 10 years, that is just delusional.

If we are talking benchmarks then i'd put my money on Intel winning here on all tests barring perhaps high end tr4 for multicore workloads.

If by saying "the market is much bigger than gaming'" you mean your enthusiasm has an emphasis on multicore workloads, then why are you here trying to wind people up with nothing to offer factually and not instead on some TR4 or HEDT extreme platform thread where you can indulge and converse about all the positives in the area that does it for you in terms of you being a pc 'enthusiast'? Instead you come on a dedicated mainstream intel thread.

You do know your 1800x will no longer have any more cores than the i9 mainstream has and will also have lesser ipc and a much lower oc headroom whilst running over 1ghz less on all 8 cores and will still suffer with memory issues 3000mhz or above. Well i guess all this means Intel better take the fight to amd and are a long way from competing, they better lower their prices to £30 a core because of all this.... Dear me!

Associate
Jigger either just a constant endless trolling or delusional.

Now I love my 2700X, it does a fantastic job for me, but I am not going to claim its better for gaming than an 8700k.
Also have to say great value for many, looks a real top performer and one that offers so much for the price, i even considered this as well.
No shame in amd, amd have a lot to offer and intel is bad in terms of value for your cash. Amd also do very well for multicore workloads and can obviously still game reasonably well. The 2700x is a very good cpu.

Soldato
Me out of touch, you just said Intel have a long way to go and need to bring forth the challenge to amd when intel is the current core for core leader in performance after being at the top for the best part of 10 years, that is just delusional.

If we are talking benchmarks then i'd put my money on Intel winning here on all tests barring perhaps high end tr4 for multicore workloads.

If by saying "the market is much bigger than gaming'" you mean your enthusiasm has an emphasis on multicore workloads, then why are you here trying to wind people up with nothing to offer factually and not instead on some TR4 or HEDT extreme platform thread where you can indulge and converse about all the positives in the area that does it for you in terms of you being a pc 'enthusiast'? Instead you come on a dedicated mainstream intel thread.

You do know your 1800x will no longer have any more cores than the i9 mainstream has and will also have lesser ipc and a much lower oc headroom whilst running over 1ghz less on all 8 cores and will still suffer with memory issues 3000mhz or above. Well i guess all this means Intel better take the fight to amd and are a long way from competing, they better lower their prices to £30 a core because of all this.... Dear me!

Intel have done very little over the past ten years. It got so bad people (me) bought used Xeons for desktop tasks. It's sad people can't just talk about hardware (the good and bad) without some halfwitt fanboy baying for an argument to try and get one over on some because they lost an argument months ago. That's what this attempted onslaught boils down too really. If what I've said or the course of this ermm discussion "winds you" up then thats your problem. Sorry.

For clarity I probably should mention that the system in my sig is one of many.

Last edited:
Associate
Lol, are they kicking Jigga out first?
Actually jigga and gavin will work together as lead directors for the next big star wars movie! :D
Coming to a cinema near you and later available as a digital download in high quality SVCD format once intel’s 10nm Ice Lake launches! :p *No Refunds*

star-wars-episode-7-movie-poster.jpg

Soldato
What I'd like to see from Intel is them start fixing the problems they have the best they can, but we have to be realistic about what can actually be fixed. Improvements to the ring bus and dual channel memory or even quad channel would be a good point. I reckon they could still deliver that at reduced price too.

Soldato
Actually jigga and gavin will work together as lead directors for the next big star wars movie! :D
Coming to a cinema near you and later available as a digital download in high quality SVCD format once intel’s 10nm Ice Lake launches! :p *No Refunds*

star-wars-episode-7-movie-poster.jpg

I have one rule in my firm. No ********* so I don't think that would workout :p

Associate
Amd need to be careful, someone may come from out of the woodwork with a 256 core 512 thread cpu running at a max oc of 10mhz per core for £9.99.... that will really make Amd worry and quake in their boots, they may have to drop prices to 9p per core to really take it to them to even compete for the best performance crown (just value for money, and multicore performance) if not, that could really spell the end for Amd.

I hope Jigga walks or bikes to work and doesnt have a car (no matter how far it is) becuase the savings on distance travelled per pound spent means its automatically better in absolutely every aspect not to have a car!

Soldato
Sadly there are too many false comparisons in PC hardware. The only one that matters is what is the best performance for a price point. Almost everyone is price sensitive. Manufacturers and retailers all prioritise this, the web is full of price comparison sites.

The only people who don't care are lottery winners and Top Trump fans ;)

Soldato
Amd need to be careful, someone may come from out of the woodwork with a 256 core 512 thread cpu running at a max oc of 10mhz per core for £9.99.... that will really make Amd worry and quake in their boots, they may have to drop prices to 9p per core to really take it to them to even compete for the best performance crown (just value for money, and multicore performance) if not, that could really spell the end for Amd.

I hope Jigga walks or bikes to work and doesnt have a car (no matter how far it is) becuase the savings on distance travelled per pound spent means its automatically better in absolutely every aspect not to have a car!

I've got a few cars Jamie. Picking a new one up next weekend too. I fly a lot TBH.

Soldato
Sadly there are too many false comparisons in PC hardware. The only one that matters is what is the best performance for a price point. Almost everyone is price sensitive. Manufacturers and retailers all prioritise this, the web is full of price comparison sites.

The only people who don't care are lottery winners and Top Trump fans ;)

It's seems that way. Is benchmarking a game on fresh install of windows with nothing other than games installed a good indication of real world performance? It's not even a test of the CPU.

Soldato
Is this a slight indication you're admitting Amd has an issue that indeed requires extra money in order to fix a flaw out of the box, making it a performance hit in terms of value for money? (what is the most important performance benchmark to you)

Shock horror a new CPU and chipset have problems. Who would have thought that possible...

Associate
LOL AMD product page is your friend.
Ok, that needs a bit of elaboration. I can see some decent value for money processors there, sure.. i can see a lot will be good bang for buck (especially in multicore workloads) but i cant see anything that offers chart topping performance (outside of value) so i guess its kind of self explanantory as to why they are cheaper....your point? care to eleborate further?

Soldato
Is 18 months still considered new? The ryzen threads still have their fair share of people not being able to hit 3200 despite having bdie memory.

I've had zero problems over the last 18 months. That's with Bdie, Hynix, Micron and other memory that was the cheapest I could find on various boards and configurations. I'm sure some people do have problems though, very serious ones...

Associate
Intel have done very little over the past ten years. It got so bad people (me) bought used Xeons for desktop tasks. It's sad people can't just talk about hardware (the good and bad) without some halfwitt fanboy baying for an argument to try and get one over on some because they lost an argument months ago. That's what this attempted onslaught boils down too really. If what I've said or the course of this ermm discussion "winds you" up then thats your problem. Sorry.

For clarity I probably should mention that the system in my sig is one of many.

I think this has to be (performance per watt) the total market leader in terms of chart topping contradiction.

Soldato
I've had zero problems over the last 18 months. That's with Bdie, Hynix, Micron and other memory that was the cheapest I could find on various boards and configurations. I'm sure some people do have problems though, very serious ones...

You might want to share some of those settings to help others out then.
10k posts and nothing decent in any of them.

Back
Top Bottom