• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Who's Cancelled Their 2080** Pre Orders

Have you cancelled your 2080 order?

• I cancelled

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Still want it

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • I didn't order in the first place

Votes: 197 79.8%
  • Performance not good enough

Votes: 14 5.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
As per the title, who's cancelled?

Waited for reviews and glad I did as many pre orders have been reported shipped out this morning before reviews launched.:eek:

Disappointingly, performance just isn't there for me personally, so didn't buy, if they were price for price on Pascal I probably would have coughed up as not much in it, but 2080 what I was aiming at is sometimes slower than Pascal@1440p means I'll either sit on what I have until the prices drop or perhaps get a 1080Ti they reduce more.

Associate
Waited so long for the 2080, but it's pointless IMO.

I'm not needlessly pessimistic, so a 2nd hand GPU won't be a problem: I'll take a 500£ 1080Ti over a 750+ 2080.

Associate
I think if DLSS really works as advertised then the things look much better. But as an early adopter, right now the 2080 would be a bad buy imho.

If i were Nvidia i would have had a dozen or so games with DLSS support ready before this launch to showcase the new tech.

Caporegime
I have, happy to buy in if DLSS is widely adopted and works as advertised/initially reviewed (much better performance over TAA and increased IQ)

Another bonus would be if RT becomes viable without having to play at 1080p but I think we'll be waiting till a 3rd or 4th series card for that.

Associate
I'd cancel if i had pre ordered as i can't afford the £1200 for 30% @ 4k with no new ray tracing games

/me looks at his sexeh 1080 ti. bought for £770 on launch day :D

is it me or have all reviewers had to really hold back on which games they used and overclocking methods etc.... nvidia guidance on reviews or stipulations?

Associate
I didn't order one and this quote from GURU3D sums it up for me "That said, the 1080 launched at 599/699, this puppy as tested today will put you down a whopping 799 USD, we expect similar or even higher pricing in EUR with added VAT, heck, maybe even much higher. " The fact that they are charging $200 more than their own MSRP because they can just shows some retail stupidity at the moment. I won't be buying this generation and I only bought the last generation second hand because I disagreed with that price too.

Crazy times and if the tariff's from the US on china make it worse I hope they don't sell a single one it's about time they learned.

Soldato
Cancelled , going to get a 1080ti instead
I don't get that :). New or used? I understand those with 1080 Ti's keeping them and not upgrading but I'd rather just spend £150 (or less) more to get a 2080 now if buying new. It's faster, in some cases will be a lot faster, and generally all round improved tech. 1080 ti would be more appealing new at £500.

Soldato
OP
Just saw my first 2080 price drop, it's only £10 but still...

Usually Nv high end cards launch at say 2pm=sold out in minutes or by 2.30pm latest, certainly not flying out the door, first launch the sites not went down.

Permabanned
So the only upgrade route for a 1080ti owner is the £1100+ 2080 ti.

At least it looks like this architecture does a lot better in games running Vulcan and DX12. I'm a bit surprised the review I just read didn't do SOTTR benches I'll have to look else where.

Man of Honour
Never pre-ordered and with a 1070 if I upgrade at all it will be the 2080ti - but just going to be opportunistic on this one - if I see a great deal I'll go for it otherwise hold out until 7nm.

Back
Top Bottom