Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Man of Honour
My gen1 Xbox is deadded.... Just wanted to play a bit of JetSet Radio Future, Crimson Skies and Panzer Dragoon Orta

It's been shonky for a while, LED ring on the front not working, occasional reboots. But it now won't even power on. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it's just as tempting to just strip it down for parts and buy a cheap replacement as they're worth very little at the moment.

Also, the original Xbox controller, I still don't see what all the hate was about. I may have larger than average hands, but it's fantastic. I've got one of the S controllers too, but the original Duke is my go to controller for it. Love it.

Associate
My gen1 Xbox is deadded.... Just wanted to play a bit of JetSet Radio Future, Crimson Skies and Panzer Dragoon Orta

It's been shonky for a while, LED ring on the front not working, occasional reboots. But it now won't even power on. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but it's just as tempting to just strip it down for parts and buy a cheap replacement as they're worth very little at the moment.

Also, the original Xbox controller, I still don't see what all the hate was about. I may have larger than average hands, but it's fantastic. I've got one of the S controllers too, but the original Duke is my go to controller for it. Love it.

And the original controllers work on PC if you adapt the connector, I still use them. :D
(it's a standard USB device with proprietary plug - you can mod the ends or make a converter)

Man of Honour
And the original controllers work on PC if you adapt the connector, I still use them. :D
(it's a standard USB device with proprietary plug - you can mod the ends or make a converter)

Bought a few adaptors several years ago. Usb plug one end, xbox breakaway connector the other. Worked very nicely.

Associate
Finally got myself an Analogue Super NT :) - I have to say it is a lovely bit of gaming kit!

y4mHyVAVOqOZZ4bJl6RLKWmgxy3hy7MUuIHNS5sl_WNSLTpEdMVD88UHZAaMS1AIthHTO6PtKtX-lckXIQa62vIbQDQ4U4B1jEdJ7WWRcJXo2ZqUw0W8mE5aSK9uOAxTWAKO-C0d61Gqy3wdYnLl-NWPOWfvVsIWOb70O1TWl9qaIlE5ElFR-l0lDnxAATq_iyN
y4mkSZwJEuwCiIUbognuJH9YWxlHSTC8vR2PyDOCSRN6mHMHrnKMRexSOQ6jzHagiaimF1O5cMuAb5BREZvWwDxrJFuUWi9d6scU1h8F7updWjwNCIXapt35RqGN9ttn9Ty8gz8KU9vnEspXPl7K0oFDDmLcWUt9aV5sMrI6xFQCKugE-RfGyT2IBRAVGLEiLf6

y4mkl28vPANbJ-ggimK_bqsFvQevUNKbLRcifZ9rtHMey7k6yFf5iR95KTD1DHc7S9HGqEhq9gw2amZ2cGNCEE08c_1jmAESXQtqHjxHlOL3_HmzvudSLuh6kGXZOIdp5mQoZ0qgPSQdGPTjMTS9o47fnk05GsZAZ6Llryz8LsCj4CStXnBUZRNlwjIlrJ4miGT

Caporegime
Have recently decided to dust off my old gamecube and install it with some of my other retro consoles in our spare room. Around 15 years ago I lent a friend my copy of code veronica for the gamecube which i never got back. Managed to bag a copy recently as well as a replacement disk for RE3 as my daughter trashed it in her younger days.

I have also been over to retro gaming cables and picked up an RGB cable for my cube. I do have component on my wii already but it was cheap and there is something about playing games on original hardware. Picture is fantastic on the LCD screen. Really do not see the point of spending huge amounts on HDMI converters.

eAaxHVS.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Have recently decided to dust off my old gamecube and install it with some of my other retro consoles in our spare room. Around 15 years ago I lent a friend my copy of code veronica for the gamecube which i never got back. Managed to bag a copy recently as well as a replacement disk for RE3 as my daughter trashed it in her younger days.

I have also been over to retro gaming cables and picked up an RGB cable for my cube. I do have component on my wii already but it was cheap and there is something about playing games on original hardware. Picture is fantastic on the LCD screen. Really do not see the point of spending huge amounts on HDMI converters.

eAaxHVS.jpg

I really need to grab RE2 and 3 on the gamecube. They are getting pricy lately. (Well, for what They are anyway). Never actually played Code veronica some how!

Lovely set

Soldato
I really need to grab RE2 and 3 on the gamecube. They are getting pricy lately. (Well, for what They are anyway). Never actually played Code veronica some how!

Lovely set

Code Veronica is probably the best one! Saying that my DC rose tinted glasses are on again and I've not played through the cube re-do's properly yet...

Soldato
So the DC tinted glasses are well and truly back on! picked up DOA 2 earlier in the week for £6 whole quid... Only every played the shoddy PS2 original port and hadn't realised what a good fighting game it is.

Shame 30 mins in to the dc being out Sonic Adventure 2 has come out (after a little raw on mr driller) and connecting this up through the stereo and vga has made a really memorable game even better! I think this is going to be a long evening of Dreamcast...

Soldato
Has anyone used wireless PS2 controllers before (recently)? I've got my PS2 set up on my desk but the wire is bugging me! Will any old cheapo controller from amazon be OK? Im not too bothered about quality / feel, just that the button feel is similar to the original (particularly the analogue sticks) and I appreciate I'll probably lose the analogue face buttons and triggers.

Back
Top Bottom