Windows 10

Associate
They wouldn't have to pull it if they didn't sack there testers. I understand people have to backup there files. But to lose them from a Windows update does seem crazy. Im starting to think to jack my PC off and getting me and mrs Apple Macs

Soldato
Thought that would happen, especially when it started happening to business users. Apparently this time they skipped the Release Preview test phase in order to meet the deadline. It was bugs discovered during this phase that caused the April (1803) release to be delayed. Good plan.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I got WU on two of mine and it went without a hitch but my HEDT now refuses to go into sleep mode. Tried everything but no luck. It appears to almost be back but the desktop never appears. Over to you MS.

Associate
I really want to upgrade from windows 7. But things like this have you worried after each update wondering if its you with the next problem. Shouldn't be like this. Even im not a apple fan you got to respect they never have this hassle

Soldato
I got WU on two of mine and it went without a hitch but my HEDT now refuses to go into sleep mode. Tried everything but no luck. It appears to almost be back but the desktop never appears. Over to you MS.

Mine went into sleep mode ok, all I can suggest is you check your power settings etc... However Microsoft really should have tested this build better, not like the issues are hard to find, I'm just thankful mine are ok on 1809.

Associate
If only there were a way for Insiders to report issues before the wider rollout. Somewhere they could leave feedback, perhaps?

Dozss9_CU0_AE61n_P.jpg

Dozs_SE_UYAIFd_Wr.jpg

Man of Honour
If only there were a way for Insiders to report issues before the wider rollout. Somewhere they could leave feedback, perhaps?

LOL - they've persistently ignored almost anything on the feedback hub unless it confirms what they want to see...

Maybe it is time they had someone collating feedback on the hub and their own forums, etc. and actually addressing the pertinent issues...

Associate
Trouble is, without a worthy alternative to Windows, Microsoft will continue to get away with rubbish like this.
There is Apple. Me and the Mrs Went to PC world to have a look at a few Macs today to see what we liked. And proberly order online today. Decided today to sack Windows off altogether and use the PC as a NAS. Was after a NAS anyway so it ain't worked out to bad

Associate
There is Apple. Me and the Mrs Went to PC world to have a look at a few Macs today to see what we liked. And proberly order online today. Decided today to sack Windows off altogether and use the PC as a NAS. Was after a NAS anyway so it ain't worked out to bad

There was a video i saw yesterday comparing Apples' implementation of Dark theme vs the 1809 Windows version. While i'm not a fan of either dark themes or Apple, at least they released a finished product!

Soldato
Microsoft need to stop cheaping out on testing and stop imposing more and more junk on us with each forced update.

They tell us we need these updates for security reasons. But each update seems to come with more and more bloat that bogs down computers. It's becoming harder and harder to see a reason to update other than for security.

Back
Top Bottom