• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
Isn't that motherboard advert breaking the NDA?
Interesting info.
So the 9900 will do 5k on all cores with good memory speed.
Wonder what that equates to in the world of 1080 max fps gaming ;) lol

Associate
Soldato
I am sure that is always going to be the case.
If its base clock is 3.6 or similar, slamming up to 5 on all cores is a good 50% more across it all, without a 390 chipset i doubt people will manage it, no matter what a bios update suggests.
Then again, there will be few paying close to 600 for a chip who won't invest in a new mobo to get the best out of it.

Fun times for enthusiasts.

Soldato
I am sure that is always going to be the case.
If its base clock is 3.6 or similar, slamming up to 5 on all cores is a good 50% more across it all, without a 390 chipset i doubt people will manage it, no matter what a bios update suggests.
Then again, there will be few paying close to 600 for a chip who won't invest in a new mobo to get the best out of it.

Fun times for enthusiasts.

But but....Z370 was patched to support this CPU.... you AMD fanatic, don't say such nonsense :p
/sarcasm

(lolol).

Soldato
Been saying this, all those people dreaming of a straight drop in 9900k to a Z370 mobo and expecting 5ghz+ all cores may have a rude awakening...
No way would I run the 9900k on anything other than a very good X390 mobo with the absolute best vrms and power delivery.

Owning an AMD 8/16 chip I know first hand you need decent VRMs hence I went for the CH6, and afaik the 1700 is lower TDP than the 9900k?

So while it's technically possible to drop the 9900k into the z370 boards, I certainly wouldn't if I want to run it above stock.

Will be interesting to see how much performance is left untapped in the 9900k though with a decent AIO or Water loop.

At least these won't need delidding, but I still expect binning on these and huge markups, could potentially see a £1000 5.4ghz or so binned chip.

Associate
I must say, I would like a 9900k and new motherboard to play with this Christmas..

3770k has lasted this long and still does great. I just don’t know it’s its going to be worth it :confused:

Looks like I might be, my girlfriend said she'd get me the motherboard as a joint birthday/xmas present - I've had the RAM for a while now, so only have to find the funds for the CPU :D

Soldato
I must say, I would like a 9900k and new motherboard to play with this Christmas..

3770k has lasted this long and still does great. I just don’t know it’s its going to be worth it :confused:

If you can afford it I'd go for it. It will be a very good step up for you from a 3770K. Just buy a very good motherboard ;)

Soldato
Lol at all the naysayers. There are people running 8700ks at 5ghz+ on z170 boards for Christ's sake.
I have zero worries about the maximus x running a 9900k.

Please spare us.

THE ONLY board you mentioned above, is the Asrock Z170 OC Formula. Is not run on the mill board but cost at it's day £250, being a monstrosity coming even with dehumidifier integrated to it!
And VRMs strong enough that made it the best board for all the "pro" overclockers to beat records with the 6700K & 7700K (CPUs that burn more power than the CFL even at 5Ghz).
Even 90% of the Z370 boards do not go nowhere near the quality of the Z170 OC Formula.

I know for a fact that my Z370 Strix will not be able to handle the 9900K at 5Ghz. I would like to do so, as I have monoblock for it, but it wont.
And it has bit better power delivery than the significant majority of the Z370s

Soldato

Yeah. It was also made by 8 layers of which 4 were 2oz copper each!

From the manual

Dehumidifier Function
If Dehumidifier Function is enabled, the computer will power on automatically to dehumidify the system after entering S4/S5 state.

Dehumidifier Period
Configure the period of time until the computer powers on and enables Dehumidifier after entering S4/S5 state.

Dehumidifier Duration
Configure the duration of the dehumidifying process before it returns to S4/S5 state.

Dehumidifier CPU Fan Setting
Configure the speed of the CPU fan while Dehumidifier is enabled. The higher the value, the faster the fan speed.
Max: 255
Min: 1

I had one, the best board ever owned, killed by Intel for not supporting 6 core CPUs to it.
And gorgeous looking with the black-yellow.

Shame Asrock didn't followed with another such board.

Soldato
Please spare us.

THE ONLY board you mentioned above, is the Asrock Z170 OC Formula. Is not run on the mill board but cost at it's day £250, being a monstrosity coming even with dehumidifier integrated to it!
And VRMs strong enough that made it the best board for all the "pro" overclockers to beat records with the 6700K & 7700K (CPUs that burn more power than the CFL even at 5Ghz).
Even 90% of the Z370 boards do not go nowhere near the quality of the Z170 OC Formula.

I know for a fact that my Z370 Strix will not be able to handle the 9900K at 5Ghz. I would like to do so, as I have monoblock for it, but it wont.
And it has bit better power delivery than the significant majority of the Z370s

I like where you pull your figures from.
Better than 90% of z370s....
Know for a fact your board won't do it.

The boards don't have to run at 5ghz. They only need to be certified to run at stock. Even then it will be faster than any other 8 core available.

Soldato
Doesn't the Z370 Strix only have pretty rubbish 4+2 phase VRM, sums up most of Asus products though all marketing and not much substance unless you go to the top end boards. You'd think people would research a board better before buying it

Soldato
Doesn't the Z370 Strix only have pretty rubbish 4+2 phase VRM, sums up most of Asus products though all marketing and not much substance unless you go to the top end boards. You'd think people would research a board better before buying it

For pushing a 6 core to 5.2Ghz with 5Ghz ring overclock, and 4000mhz ram, is perfect.

Soldato

+1 people using a **** board makes them think they are all like it.
A decent board will have no issues.

Back
Top Bottom