• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Associate
I've got a Z370 board now. I was planning on upgrading to an 8 core at some point in the future but it looks like it will be cheaper to wait a few months and buy a whole new AMD board and a Ryzen 3700x for less money than the 9900k on its own.

Caporegime
One of the biggest jokes has to be the stupid "Roll of Honour" threads in the GPU forums, I mean Jebus WHAT, WHAT WHAT!!! you bought a computer component big ******* whoop why do we need a photo of it? It just perpetuates the competitive nature that some forums bring out, and makes people waste money unnecessarily. That's my 2p on the matter, people can obviously do what they like and I don't expect most people to agree with me. :)

Yeah that's weird.

I did get a 2080Ti but didn't join the ROH

Associate
I don't see anything weird with it: you're happy you've got a new toy and you want so share it with somebody. Sometimes people don't have any friends who share this hobby.

Soldato
I don't see anything weird with it: you're happy you've got a new toy and you want so share it with somebody. Sometimes people don't have any friends who share this hobby.

Uh hu... what is wrong with calling it "Insert GPU type here, owners list." since there the word honour has nothing to do with spending money, unless it's giving to charity maybe. ;)

Caporegime
https://www.patreon.com/posts/21950120

Steve retested and confirmed the dodgy intel benches were running the 2700x as a quad core. Unbelievable.

Came in to post the same link, yup, he confirmed that with 4 cores disabled in game mode that the performance broadly speaking matches the INtel numbers.

So Intel's new 5Ghz 8 core is only up to 50% faster than a 2700x using 4 cores? So.... we can say the 9900k would only actually match a 6 core Ryzen using that logic :p

Soldato
Came in to post the same link, yup, he confirmed that with 4 cores disabled in game mode that the performance broadly speaking matches the INtel numbers.

So Intel's new 5Ghz 8 core is only up to 50% faster than a 2700x using 4 cores? So.... we can say the 9900k would only actually match a 6 core Ryzen using that logic :p

Roflmao....
After z370 boards are patched to support 9900k on the benchmarks, I bet your post will be true. ..

BTW what happened to gavin and some other Intel supporters. Suddenly they disappeared since yesterday.

Associate
Yes because when your on the internet the choice of words you use loses all meaning right? Let me guess, you happen to be very proud of your place on the "Roll of 'insert any random word here'" ;)
I really think you're giving more importance to it than the OP who created all those pages in that section.

Associate
Its also cheaper to buy the 9 series from the American forest and pay the tax & import costs yourself then it is to buy it from UK retailers. Absolutely ridiculous situation.

Back
Top Bottom