LG 34GK950G, 3440x1440, G-Sync, 120Hz

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Lol I would if I had anything to review :)

If they arrive tomorrow, that's one day, then a couple of weeks... 1+14 = 15 days. Very reasonable, I think ;) :p

I want to say thank-you in advance for taking the time to review all the monitors that you review for the benefit of the rest of us.

Soldato
units now with me for review in a couple of weeks!

Will you be posting any initial thoughts... if you're even allowed to? For example, immediate thoughts on the Nano IPS display and simply first impressions of how it looks on the UW5 panel vs the UW4 which obviously isn't Nano IPS... i.e is it obvious? That would be interesting to know. Nothing in-depth of course, that's for your review, but I'd be very curious on your first impressions.

Associate
Exciting stuff. Looking forward to the review. It'll be interesting to see how the new panel compares to the previous. I think the G-Sync version will live or die in the marketplace based on what it brings to the table outside of the increases in refresh rate and colour gamut, as was mentioned in a previous post here. Judging by some of the comments I've read here and on Reddit, refresh rate and Nano IPS alone will be a tough sell to justify the premium in cost over Dell's AW3418DW (esp. with sales approaching), but if there's a good amount of progress in other areas like QC, BLB, contrast, etc. then it could be enough to bring it back into contention.

I have the luxury of not being in any rush (even though I really want to, as I'm still working/gaming on a 1920x1200 HP IPS that's limited to 60hz), so I'm happy to see how this plays out. It also helps that I get easily put off committing to an order by Dell's rather arbitrary rollercoaster pricing strategy, though I imagine an upcoming Black Friday price point might be hard to pass up.

Associate
I didn't notice the prices had already been posted, but yeh, really expensive.

Glad I bought an excellent X34 recently in the MM!
Hello m8
could you please be so kind an send me a photo of backlight bleed of yours x34p? mine got a severe one in the bottom left corner, covers more then 1/4 of a screen with yellow light.
Thx

Soldato
Hello m8
could you please be so kind an send me a photo of backlight bleed of yours x34p? mine got a severe one in the bottom left corner, covers more then 1/4 of a screen with yellow light.
Thx

I'll try later on when it gets dark. Mine really has minimal BLB as the seller described. Trouble is pictures tend to exaggerate reality but I'll try my best.

Edit:

Beyond my skill/camera to take an accurate picture.
I'd set the screen to full black using dead pixel buddy, and take a picture with no flash.
Look at picture, look at screen, no correlation at all.

Last edited:
Associate
You guys need to chill and let the man do his review in peace. Just wait 2 more weeks and most of your questions should be answered.

We've been waiting for this monitor for almost a year now. 2 more weeks is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom