*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
More games should have the ability to moderate the difficulty if they want to target different ages/ability groups. Pokemon has a huge fan base that could be up to 40 years old so making games that won't appeal to them due to a few simple things that could easily be controlled is just silly.

I know there is a more "serious" pokemon coming out next year but there is no reason not to make this one adult friendly as well.

that's the thing, one of the things I read about it alluded to the fact that there is a challenge of some sort for the more experienced gamer. I've not known a bad Pokémon game so IMO it's a fairly safe bet.

fez

fez

Caporegime
that's the thing, one of the things I read about it alluded to the fact that there is a challenge of some sort for the more experienced gamer. I've not known a bad Pokémon game so IMO it's a fairly safe bet.

Fingers crossed. I loved the original pokemon games and I am excited to try the new ones on my switch. Seems the perfect console for them.

Man of Honour
I stopped playing Pokemon when it was no longer possible to get them all. Gold/Silver was the last ones I got into.

I loved them when I was a kid though, I remember playing the Game Boy under my blanket with a torch at night so my parents couldn't see the light.

Soldato
I'm getting it. Smyth's still have it for cheaper than anywhere else in store.

It's £5 less and £5 off for pre-ordering. £80 for the game and Pokeball controller.

Soldato
I stopped playing Pokemon when it was no longer possible to get them all. Gold/Silver was the last ones I got into.

I loved them when I was a kid though, I remember playing the Game Boy under my blanket with a torch at night so my parents couldn't see the light.

The day and night cycle blew me away :D

Man of Honour
Its a shell of what the original games were. It's aimed at people who don't really play video games as a way to get Pokemon go players into the switch. For video game fans I'd recommend avoiding it.

Soldato
Anyone here playing Arena of Valor? Really starting to get into it but got a bit of a noob question. I’ve turned off auto targeting to manual, but how the hell do you cycle or change your target when in a massive brawl, it still seems to just auto focus to what ever it wants!

Associate
Hmm I'd not read those things but indeed that doesn't make it sound very challenging! I did read that it is easy to access for kids and has more tricky bits to keep experienced players entertained, but that could just be marketing spiel.

I'm quite interested in the GO crossover mechanics, and as my daughter likes Pokémon it's a pretty easy decision to give it a whirl really.

My daughter & I are also pretty excited for Let's Go. We're veteran Pokemon Go players (Lvl 38 thank you very much;)) and she has an extensive card collection, so we are pretty invested in the series. Until I got the Switch we have never owned a suitable platform to play the main series games.

I'm fascinated by how dismissive many long-term players are towards Pokemon Go and Let's Go, as a lot of the features that are changing really sound like improvements to the main series mechanics. I'm wondering how much of the response is "it's not the Pokemon game style I grew up with", as I'm seeing many vertans that have playtested Let's Go saying it's pretty close to the main series.

Soldato
Invested in the series? But you've only played Go and got a card collection.

Those of us that aren't happy with the changes have played every game since red, blue and yellow on the original game boy.

So know a lot about the main game and it's mechanics .

Caporegime
Anyone had drift on the right hand analogue stick? I'm going to calibrate it later, haven't done it since new. It's most obvious when playing something with camera controls

I had major issues on the left stick, replaced it and sorted it. Stick was about 3 quid and needed a specific screwdriver which was another couple of quid.

Soldato
I had major issues on the left stick, replaced it and sorted it. Stick was about 3 quid and needed a specific screwdriver which was another couple of quid.

Thanks, mind if I ask for the link to the one you bought in case calibration don't help? It's not all the time, it just wanders off sometimes, like it's being pushed down.

It's in warranty until February though...

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom