Wifey needs a new car but I'm out of suggestions. Help please

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Bought the wifey a 320i xdrive last year when we had our first child as her 207 wasn't safe enough for me and I wanted her in something sturdy. She hates it and misses her "sexy" pug!

Now with a second on the way she'll need a bigger boot to fit a double buggy but I can't seem to figure out her taste as she doesn't like what I point out.

Budget wise will be the price of the bimma so about 13k.

Petrol.
Safe.
Sexy.
Large boot.
Can take 2 child seats. [Edit]
Not too big. [Edit]

EDIT: now it actually needs to be big, well, huge boot!

Help me find something please :)

Last edited:
Soldato
2-3 child seats is going to be your issue! My wife had a Renault Scenic and then a Grand Scenic and they were brilliant for space in the back - they had 3 distinct seats rather than just a "space" in the middle!

Not everyone's cup of tea (and certainly doesn't tick the "sexy" box) but for functionality we couldn't find anything better!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I should have added size requirements as she has found the 3 series too big, anything bigger will be a no-no. I suppose as long as it fits 2 child seats it'll do.

Haha what's wrong with calling her wifey?

Caporegime
Ha, welcome to women. Take her to the biggest car showroom you can think of, ask her to point out her favourite cars, pick the one that is safest / most space / etc and buy it for her.

She's a wimminz. Logic is a non-starter, as long as the car is "cute", "sexy", "cool" or whatever, it'll fine, so you'll have to work around it.

Soldato
Find a Japanese make you like, take her to showroom, find ones that fit 2 seats in the back and ask her which one she likes.

Talking sense, specs etc does nothing with women. As long as it's cute or sexy it'll do.

Soldato
My Mrs quite likes the new type r. Not really that helpful though as its out of your budget:p. I own an e92 m3 with 2 kids in the back and it's got loads of boot space, I think it's about a 1/3 mire than my wife's focus. We have a double pram and it's a squeeze in her boot but no issue in mine.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Ha, welcome to women. Take her to the biggest car showroom you can think of, ask her to point out her favourite cars, pick the one that is safest / most space / etc and buy it for her.

She's a wimminz. Logic is a non-starter, as long as the car is "cute", "sexy", "cool" or whatever, it'll fine, so you'll have to work around it.
I do this in car parks currently but the only thing she's pointed out so far is a VW pickup haha - she wasn't serious.
Civic? Not the sexiest car but plenty of space, economic, reliable and pretty safe.
She finds them ridiculous I'm afraid...#metoo
Find a Japanese make you like, take her to showroom, find ones that fit 2 seats in the back and ask her which one she likes.

Talking sense, specs etc does nothing with women. As long as it's cute or sexy it'll do.
What sexy Japanese cars are there these days though? I know they're safe and reliable, what model could I entice her into a show room with?
My Mrs quite likes the new type r. Not really that helpful though as its out of your budget:p. I own an e92 m3 with 2 kids in the back and it's got loads of boot space, I think it's about a 1/3 mire than my wife's focus. We have a double pram and it's a squeeze in her boot but no issue in mine.
Oh really? What double buggy is it? We're looking at the bugaboo donkey or whatever it is which will fit into her f30 boot but the opening is shaped awkwardly making it difficult. E92 has a bigger/easier boot?

Just showed her a juke and she was not impressed haha. Are they solid cars anyway?

Showed her a v40 before we got the 3 series and she likes the interior but that was it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Obviously it is otherwise she'd still be in her 207 :confused:

That's not to say we can't find one that she likes too.

Soldato
It's a graco oxford (I refuse to pay stupid money for baby stuff). It's quite long but in the boot of the e92 there's Astra space due to how the boot is over the rear wheels (it's quite wide).

Associate
Just showed her a juke and she was not impressed haha. Are they solid cars anyway?
Hmm, naah. After 2 years the sub frame on mine came loose, and the interior was plastic so I traded it in. But I had the very standard model, no idea what the higher models are like.
It was real comfortable though.

Soldato
qashqai? Most reliable car we have owned and is the wifes car...she loves it. We want to change it next year but unsure if we will yet as has been a great car.

Women like minis so something like the countryman? Not sure what your budget gets though.

Back
Top Bottom