Where's the scam with this site?

Soldato
Not sure if serious??

The T&C/Delivery information/About us sections have zero details, spelling errors all over the place, twitter/facebook links go no where.

Wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Don
OP
I have no intention of buying and it's obv a scam

I was asking "what's the scam" rather than is it a scam :p

was just wondering how they scam with credit card sales that will just get charged back

Associate
The simple fact they don't have any of the contact and returns information required under UK consumer regs would ring alarm bells for me. Probably an overseas front site for knock off goods if you are lucky, a collection site for payment and email details if you are not.

Don
OP
Not sure if serious??

The T&C/Delivery information/About us sections have zero details, spelling errors all over the place, twitter/facebook links go no where.

Wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

aware of all that, was just wondering how they are scamming

Soldato
I have no intention of buying and it's obv a scam

I was asking "what's the scam" rather than is it a scam :p

was just wondering how they scam with credit card sales that will just get charged back
presumably you pay them money into an account using your card, they take the money out and nash off whilst you're waiting for delivery? you'd think they'd need a bunch of orders to actually make it all worthwhile though.

Soldato
1. You add items to your basket
2. Enter your card details to pay
3. Seller uses your card details to buy himself amazon/itunes gift cards

That's what i'd suspect, they're harvesting card payment details, rather than selling you fakes, well i imagine if you purchased something it would be a no-show. They might even be kind enough to actually refund you, but they've got your card details at that point.

Soldato
aware of all that, was just wondering how they are scamming

Possibly they are targetting the companies rather than you? Chargeback protects you, but the card company still needs to take the hit if they can't recover the funds.

And a lot of people might not know about chargebacks, in which case they are scamming you.

Soldato
Credit card collection details.

Take order.
Store details
Cancel order saying they can't do it
Buyer thinks nothing.

They then sell the details or bulk buy using all the details in a day and close the site down.

Soldato
The website looks shocking but scamadvisor says it legit

Just wondering what I am missing

That it hasn't been flagged by scamadvisor yet?

Its like antivirus I imagine its only malware when someone reports it as such until then it can carry on doing whatever the hell it likes and the AV takes no notice whatsoever heuristics be damned. Yes I'm embittered by AV failings. :p

Soldato
The fact it doesn't use https is enough for me to say NOPE.

Strangely there are still legitimate, and sometimes large businesses that do not use HTTPS yet. When I booked CondorFerries in April their website had payment via unsecured HTTP. Put it on the credit card for protection, but nothing bad happened due to it. As a precaution I contacted them from another number I had (not one on their website) and they verified that their site URL was correct, as was their lack of security...

Back
Top Bottom