Some Help with KDE Neon please

Soldato
OK so I'm gonna put KDE Neon on a laptop I have , I have Rufus and the Neon ISO File Image , However I also have a Cambridge Audio DACMAGIC XS that I have been using with the laptop because the sound quality is so much better, can I use the DACMAGIC with the Neon OS ?

Thanks

Man of Honour
I just googled what a DACMAGIC XS is and it appears to be a USB sound card? In theory it should work. The Cambridge Audio site also says it should work but won't guarantee it.

You could test it by installing KDE Neon in a virtual box guest and in settings pass through the USB device.

Once Neon is installed (either natively or in a virtual machine with the USB device set as a passthrough) then type lsusb (list usb) in a command prompt to see whether the device is listed. If it is then it should work fine. Or if you get sound out of it then it's obvious working too :)

Soldato
OP
I just googled what a DACMAGIC XS is and it appears to be a USB sound card? In theory it should work. The Cambridge Audio site also says it should work but won't guarantee it.

You could test it by installing KDE Neon in a virtual box guest and in settings pass through the USB device.

Once Neon is installed (either natively or in a virtual machine with the USB device set as a passthrough) then type lsusb (list usb) in a command prompt to see whether the device is listed. If it is then it should work fine. Or if you get sound out of it then it's obvious working too :)

Yeah thanks Hades , it seems as though it saw it straight away phew lol

Back
Top Bottom