Soldato
So I've just ordered just this last night and should be receiving it no later than Monday next week. Finding reviews was difficult, finding proper (none amazon) opinions from people was also problematic. Anyone in here have one? if so what do you think of it?

For people who don't know about it here is a quick run down of the specs in the spoiler below.

Brand: Viewsonic
Size: 32 inches (31.5 viewable)
resolution: 2560x1440
Refresh rate: 75hz
Overclockable through CRU/similar: Not testet yet
Variable refresh rate: Not that i know of.
Panel: SuperClear(?) IPS (don't know the specific panel part number)
Color depth: says 10bit on viewsonic.com (Im pretty sure its 8+FRC but feel free to correct if i am wrong).
Flicker Free

Currently ive been through a ton of screen over the last 2-3 years. My goal with this one is pretty simple. Ever since i started taking programming classes ive wanted something bigger than my 24" Dell S2417DG. I also do some very basic photo editing and of course watch the occasional movie and 24 inches or TN has just not been able to cut it. What made me give this one a go was the panel type, the size, the price and the refresh rate, all important to me as i do also want to play some games on it like Civilization or RPGs. So as soon as i get it and have given it a test run i'm going to report back with my very non professional opinion of it. Hopefully there are more of you out there who owns this screen and perhaps could give some feedback on what you think as information on the web is scarce.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well i got it today and have played around with it for a few hours and for the price i think the monitor so fare is exceptional. I don't really wanna spend the time doing a complete write up unless there is some interest for it which there doesn't seem to be. But if anyone has questions about it feel free to ask.

Few notes on it so fare.

1) Overall responsiveness when playing a game at 60hz or even better 75hz is surprisingly good.
2) Overclocking the panel to 75hz(max ive been able to so fare is 76hz) seems to disable 10bit color mode in my nvidia control panel. Have to choose 60hz to get that it seems.
3) Brightness is the biggest issue for this monitor. Its fine when the sun starts to go down and the rooms are less lit but during a sunny day like it has been here today its a bit struggling i feel.
4) Haven't found a single dead pixel yet
5) Picture has been fairly good, easy to read and text isn't blurry spite the massive size.
6) viewing angles are not the best considering its suppose to be an IPS panel, but not an issue for me as i only view the screen head on.
7) Black levels are surprisingly good to my eye.
8) There is IPS glow but not much and only in the bottom 2 corners. This is at 100% brightness. During the evening brightness can be reduced and therefore reduced IPS glow by a fair margin. Its the first screen where IPS glow hasnt bothered me.
9) included speakers are trash. Didn't expect anything of them to begin with though. Not even usable for basic internet radio.

12.07.2018: Having played with the screen for a few days now i must say im in love with it. It does what it says on the box and excellent too. Games feels(keyword:feels) very close to TN and overall response is incredible smooth and better than what i'd had hoped for considering price, panel tech and screen size. I payed less than 260 pounds for this screen and enjoying it immensely. Such a bargain. I'm very happy that i picked the VX3276-2k-mhd over the aoc q3279vwf as i cannot have that kind of black trailing.

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought this monitor today. I upgraded from an old HP x2301 monitor. Phixsator is right on all his notes except I don't see Windows 10 detecting it as 10bit panel at all nor Nvidia. Not sure why.

My personal thoughts. Coming from a glossy display I must say I've noticed colors doesn't really pop on this one despite being an IPS, I guess due to being matte finish coating. My old tn glossy monitor is way more vibrant despite being reflective and seems more brighter than this I guess due to no coating. Kinda step down from my eyes since I have used a glossy monitor for more than 5 yrs. I thought that the monitor seems a let down from the beginning and seems way too big as in too big that felt a mistake at first. Though after using it for a while and getting used to seems it's actually great monitor and I love it nonetheless. Other minor issue is that the monitor wobbles if I suddenly hit my desk. I was suppose to go for the super expensive Asus XG32VQ but I dial down to this one instead since I'm more less interested on gaming now but still play sometimes but more on just entertainment watching videos and browsing the web. Good choice for the price and intentions without breaking the bank.

Good Points:
- Price
- Size
- IPS
- VESA mount
- Thin bezel and so slim
- Good Colors (but my old glossy display is more vibrant.)
- 1440p
- Sharp clear text
- 10bit color(As claimed, but I think it's just 8bit + AFRC) Note: my Windows 10 doesn't seems to detect it as 10bit though.

Bad Points:
- Wobbles
- As usual IPS have glows, 2 on the lower bottom but surprisingly not much or severe, not so noticeable.
- Trash speaker but nah ignore it as if anyone gonna use an integrated speaker on PC.
- No height adjustment nor rotate just tilt

Update 11/19: Bought DP Cable and can now set 10bpc RGB on Nvidia Control Panel.

Last edited:
Associate
i am currently looking for a new monitor as last one died is a 32 inch monitor to large ?

Personally, 32" inch is way too big at first transition if you're coming from a somewhere around 20-24" monitor. Feels overwhelming on first use as that what I felt at first. But sooner within few hours or a day you'll realize the size seem just right but you just have to make sure you don't sit way to close to the monitor. I always sit like ~2.5ft away from the display even before when I was using 23" monitor. Siting then lean back far on your chair is more relaxing than sitting without lying your back and stooping forward to the monitor when you can't see it too well. Now I just sit back and relax when using my computer, no need to stoop forward and get backaches sometimes. Love the 32" monitor as my first far transition, I went from 14, 17, 21, 23 and skipped 27" all the way to 32" 1440p now(could wish 4k actually but gpu is demanding on that resolution so 1440p is okay from 1080p so I can still game occasionally if want to). But I still kinda feel like I want a 32" 1440p 144hz GSYNC monitor somewhere down the road to be honest but I just don't like breaking my wallet at the moment ;) when I don't play much as I used to anymore.

Associate
i just bought this monitor, it's great. But i can not adjust the tilt.
is there any special method other than just applying force. Thanks.

Associate
Good Points:
- Price
- Size
- IPS
- VESA mount
- Thin bezel and so slim
- Good Colors (but my old glossy display is more vibrant.)
- 1440p
- Sharp clear text
- 10bit color(As claimed, but I think it's just 8bit + AFRC) Note: my Windows 10 doesn't seems to detect it as 10bit though.

Bad Points:
- Wobbles
- As usual IPS have glows, 2 on the lower bottom but surprisingly not much or severe, not so noticeable.
- Trash speaker but nah ignore it as if anyone gonna use an integrated speaker on PC.
- No height adjustment nor rotate just tilt

Update 11/19: Bought DP Cable and can now set 10bpc RGB on Nvidia Control Panel.
Just curious what advantage 10bit (w/ a DP cable) has, since I understand the monitor is not 10bit. Would the included HDMI cable allow 1440p 60Hz, or is a DP cable necessary?

Last edited:
Associate
It is 10bit in the sense. It's better than plain 8 bit, 6bit with frc to 8bit or expensive true 10bit. DP lets you set the display 10bit support on windows display and nvidia settings. With HDMI there's no 10bit option to enable to... Visually negligible though but least it adds bit worthiness to it.

Associate
It is 10bit in the sense. It's better than plain 8 bit, 6bit with frc to 8bit or expensive true 10bit. DP lets you set the display 10bit support on windows display and nvidia settings. With HDMI there's no 10bit option to enable to... Visually negligible though but least it adds bit worthiness to it.
You can get 10bit 60hz on high quality HDMI cable. If you card support it. I plugged to AM5 HDMI output.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom