• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
For me, the level of coil whine I was getting is a fault. That is the main reason I am returning and the reason I would have given. It's like screetchingly loud in certain scenarios. All I said was that it was faulty and they said sorry processed a returns and gave me £10 promotional credit to use on their site (which was a complete surprise to me as I wasn't even looking for any). Didn't even get as far as saying what the fault was, they did not ask me.

Hey mate. So, I am in the same boat as you now. I just had my RMA accepted for the Gigabyte 2080 ti OC. It's a terrible card. Can't believe the awful performance of the cooler. I will keep my eyes out for a different brand! Do you think it matters if you keep the updated bios on the card when returning? or should I try and flash back to the original? Thanks

Associate
So basically, 2 Founders Editions in SLI run cooler than 1 Gigabyte triple fan! Are you overclocking those cards?

No, they both run at stock speeds. Could be because the clocks are bit lower at stock, starts off at around 1920Mhz from idle and depending on the load and temps they hover around 1810Mhz/1840Mhz once warmed up.

Also the case I'm using is the Phanteks evolv tempered glass flow, so plenty of ventilation on this version.

Soldato
Hey mate. So, I am in the same boat as you now. I just had my RMA accepted for the Gigabyte 2080 ti OC. It's a terrible card. Can't believe the awful performance of the cooler. I will keep my eyes out for a different brand! Do you think it matters if you keep the updated bios on the card when returning? or should I try and flash back to the original? Thanks

I would think and hope that it would not matter considering it is a gigabyte supported bios.

Sadly the same as how I feel. I have since found a listing for the strix for £1,294.46, same place I got my gaming oc from. Can't really go wrong with that card, I had an XC ultra on order for a similar price at one point so I'm just gonna return this gigabyte and wait for the strix. I don't mind waiting for a card like that at this stage. Especially since it's the cheapest I can find it for order.

Associate
I saw a Strix for about that price. No knowing when it will be in stock though. I have seen a few trickle through. I have a Founders on order now. Thinking of possible getting a waterblock. Never done anything like that before though!

Soldato
I saw a Strix for about that price. No knowing when it will be in stock though. I have seen a few trickle through. I have a Founders on order now. Thinking of possible getting a waterblock. Never done anything like that before though!

They seem to perform well enough from what I've seen. Good luck to you if you go down the waterblock route! Me neither.

In all honesty I have no idea what I'm actually going to do. Still contemplating a 1080ti which would still do a perfectly good job at 1440p ultrawide and revisit this at the 3080ti.

Associate
No, they both run at stock speeds. Could be because the clocks are bit lower at stock, starts off at around 1920Mhz from idle and depending on the load and temps they hover around 1810Mhz/1840Mhz once warmed up.

Also the case I'm using is the Phanteks evolv tempered glass flow, so plenty of ventilation on this version.

The Founders Edition seems to prefer underclocking the GPU over speeding up the fan, use a custom fan setting and you'll see it stays in the high 1900's.

Caporegime
In all honesty I have no idea what I'm actually going to do. Still contemplating a 1080ti which would still do a perfectly good job at 1440p ultrawide and revisit this at the 3080ti.

That’s what I have done. I bought the 1080 ti for £599 I’m superwide 3440x 1440p

I’m set until the 2080 series blows over :p

Soldato
That’s what I have done. I bought the 1080 ti for £599 I’m superwide 3440x 1440p

I’m set until the 2080 series blows over :p

It's what I've done too. I've experienced the 2080 ti - it is a fantastic card. But it doesn't offer me the "skip the 3080 ti" performance that it would need to at the price it is selling at for me. And with two holidays coming up in the next 3 months as well as hosting 12 over the Christmas period at mine and a few other things I'm planning on purchasing I'm happy enough with the £500 saving over the 2080 ti card I would have bought. I've actually got an EVGA FTW3 Hybrid on order - which I'm sure you will see next week on the 1080 ti owners thread!

Associate
Have you overclocked it yet Jonney? What are temps like and noise just ordered the Palit gaming pro version, but the store I bought it from have sent me the one you have. I’m just waiting for the shop to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom