• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
So 3x display port + 3x hdmi, why was dvi got rid off again? and what happened to display port daisy chaining feature, why is there a need for more than 1 DP? There is still more DVI than DP monitors out there.
Same reason you don't have component, composite, SCART, or VGA ports on these cards. DVI is a legacy standard and takes up a huge amount of space on the backplate.

MST is supported from the card, but I doubt there are many DP monitors available that can be daisychained.

Nvidia do include a DP-to-DVI dongle with the FE if you're really that worried about it?

Associate
Eventually pulled the trigger and got a Palit Pro OC as an upgrade for a 980Ti. Still wondering if the 1080Ti would have been the more sensible choice but hey - you never know - some of the 20x0 features may actually get used one day!

Noticed something odd tho. I don't like overclocking. Always had issues in the past - melted a 8800GTX and a 7800 Ghz Edition, and at over £1k for a single component I'm not looking to do anything to shorten the life of the thing! I've not paid any special attention to cooling beyond filling all the fan slots in my case. My GPU is supposed to have a max boost of 1650Mhz. However almost all tools including HWMonitor and MSI AfterBurner report it as up to 1950Mhz. I've got no overclocking enabled as this screenshot shows although long ago I did overclock my 980Ti to play some game I forget in 4k30.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10HkVoSFJ0LjZH9Tll6y9D-j7g_jjpWCG/view?usp=sharing

My temps are fine - hits the low 80s - and no blue screens although I've experienced a few C2Ds with AC Odyssey normally after a short freeze. I also occasionally get a short freeze but it recovers. I may be ok, but anyone have any idea if I've got some weird overclock applied elsewhere, or if the read-outs are wrong somehow?

Caporegime
For the number of cards that Caseking sell it will be a very good guide to the product as a whole.

Fact is we're never going to get the real numbers anyway, Nvidia will keep a lid on it if the numbers are even remotely near 15-20%. 0.01% was claimed in another video which smacked of bs as well.

Man of Honour
OP
Would this be enough?

NQHFaqKh.jpg

On air cooling for a week (or so), playing with it since Friday afternoon.
In a couple of days I'm gonna install it the EK Vector & bp.
20181105_233358.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

lMde8HM.png

Date 05/11/2018, Make Gainward Phoenix, Gripen90, Link
Date 05/11/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, arrow0309, Link
Date 05/11/2018, Make Palit Dual, jonneymendoza, Link
Date 25/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Raiden85, Link
Date 24/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, CraigN, Link
Date 24/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, SupraWez, Link
Date 24/10/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Dumphole, Link
Date 23/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, tyler_jrb, Link
Date 22/10/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, XeNoNF50, Link
Date 22/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, El_MUERkO, Link
Date 21/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, olliej82, Link
Date 20/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, ibpalle, Link
Date 20/10/2018, Make Asus Strix, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 12/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, rIcK, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, bignick277, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make MSI Gaming X Trio, ISilva, Link
Date 10/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, [Death], Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, ltron, Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Biffa, Link
Date 09/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Biffa, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, layte, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Rap1D, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Gregster, Link
Date 06/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Sc00p007, Link
Date 05/10/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, Born_2_Kill_83, Link
Date 05/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Strife212, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, inflynx, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Paladine, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Safetytrousers, Link
Date 03/10/2018, Make MSI Sea Hawk, krzychowiec, Link
Date 29/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, mrozik, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Windforce, Quartz, Link
Date 27/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, GordyR, Link
Date 26/09/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, spikerules, Link
Date 25/09/2018, Make MSI Duke, Smffy, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, LegendaryDread, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080 Ti.

Man of Honour
OP
Fact is we're never going to get the real numbers anyway, Nvidia will keep a lid on it if the numbers are even remotely near 15-20%. 0.01% was claimed in another video which smacked of bs as well.

NVidia can not stop Caseking from stating the real figure.

I would say the figure is correct as this forum is not overrun with unhappy owners RMAing their cards.:)

Caporegime
NVidia can not stop Caseking from stating the real figure.

I would say the figure is correct as this forum is not overrun with unhappy owners RMAing their cards.:)

Caseking aren't selling Fe cards though which seems to be the card with the issues. The only ones that are is Nvidia so doubtful we'll get the actual numbers on those.

Man of Honour
OP
Caseking aren't selling Fe cards though which seems to be the card with the issues. The only ones that are is Nvidia so doubtful we'll get the actual numbers on those.

Nearly all other cards sold so far use the FE PCB and are sometimes clocked even higher so Founder Edition cards are much the same as the rest.

Perhaps you should start a thread for 20XX series cards that are RMAed and list them in the OP.

Caporegime
Nearly all other cards sold so far use the FE PCB and are sometimes clocked even higher so Founder Edition cards are much the same as the rest.

Perhaps you should start a thread for 20XX series cards that are RMAed and list them in the OP.

Some are using the same PCB but the one thing that only the FE card are using is that new cooler. And if the thermal images are anything to go by its cutting it close when the card with an overclock is within a few degrees of the recommended max ram temps. But that doesn't even explain how cards out of the box on first boot are going bad as well. Hardocp has a forum poll up and last I looked it's at around 13% for issues with these cards.

Man of Honour
OP
Some are using the same PCB but the one thing that only the FE card are using is that new cooler. And if the thermal images are anything to go by its cutting it close when the card with an overclock is within a few degrees of the recommended max ram temps. But that doesn't even explain how cards out of the box on first boot are going bad as well. Hardocp has a forum poll up and last I looked it's at around 13% for issues with these cards.

If you are confident in your facts start a new thread but this is not the place to debate speculation.

A dedicated thread with a list of the faults would be far more useful.

Soldato
Stripping down mine I did notice the memory pads were not quite full or fitted well. One side near the vrm the entire memory bank was contacted probably 2/3rds with one chip on the end being contacted roughly 50% by thermal pad.

I also noticed a couple of other pads that were not quite aligned correctly.

Seemed like either the assembly of the card had been rushed or assembled by someone without proper knowledge.

Have fitted a waterblock almost straight after I tested the card and thus far touch wood haven’t had a single issue with my FE.

Man of Honour
OP

Just started a new thread where people can post about RMAing any 20XX cards.

It will be interesting to see how common the problem is on this forum.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-card-if-so-please-post-the-details.18836254/

Associate
One of the main competitors has the EVGA FTW3 in stock, had it on my basket and in the end I gave up, no more money left to spend.
However £1,348.99 it's not that bad (given the circumstances) on Caseking for instance costs 1,579.00 € and not even available before the end of the month.

Associate
One of the main competitors has the EVGA FTW3 in stock, had it on my basket and in the end I gave up, no more money left to spend.
However £1,348.99 it's not that bad (given the circumstances) on Caseking for instance costs 1,579.00 € and not even available before the end of the month.

Can't justify that extra £50.00 on top of my Aorus pre-order especially as it's only a week out.

Associate
How are SLI/NVLink people getting on? I received a second Founders today and the top card is stuck at 85/86 with the fans blaring at 90% during a game of Black Ops, every setting is stock. My case is a 900D with good airflow but the top FE seems incapable of keeping itself cool under load, which begs the question 'Why can't the FE keep itself cool?'.

Soldato
Same reason you don't have component, composite, SCART, or VGA ports on these cards. DVI is a legacy standard and takes up a huge amount of space on the backplate.

MST is supported from the card, but I doubt there are many DP monitors available that can be daisychained.

Nvidia do include a DP-to-DVI dongle with the FE if you're really that worried about it?

The so called wasted space is wasted by other ports tho. I wouldnt classify the DVI as legacy considering its still on many newly sold monitors today and more DVI displays still get sold than DP displays. No way is DVI is in the same class as VGA.

Associate
How are SLI/NVLink people getting on? I received a second Founders today and the top card is stuck at 85/86 with the fans blaring at 90% during a game of Black Ops, every setting is stock. My case is a 900D with good airflow but the top FE seems incapable of keeping itself cool under load, which begs the question 'Why can't the FE keep itself cool?'.

Running two 2080 Ti FE cards in SLI (1 slot spacing) using the phanteks evolv flow edition. If using one card only without the second installed the card averaged about 75c with 55% fan speed even under full load, card never broke past 79c or the fan never went passed 59% when I gamed on it pretty heavily for a week at 4K with game settings pretty much maxed out.

Using both in SLI the top card will hit in the worst case scenario 85c but usually averages about 83c while the fan is at auto speeds and pretty much sticks to 65% 90% of the time. Bottom card at it's hottest may hit around 74c and 55% fan speed but usually hovers around 70c.

GPU clocks will usually auto boost to 1840Mhz stay around that most of the time, does fluctuate though so can jump between 1710Mhz and 1840Mhz depending on the game and the load on the GPU's. Both cards from idle will boost from 1940Mhz but clock down pretty quick.

If gaming in Destiny 2 at 4K all settings maxed both cards will run between 1810Mhz to 1890Mhz with the above temps but two cards running this game is effortless and both cards are at only about 55% to 65% load usually.

All games I run are VSYNC capped to 60fps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The cards just don't move hot air very well, the back plates are super hot, think I might rig some kind of airflow with fans and cable ties to push that air round the back, but it'll drive my OCD nuts :D

Back
Top Bottom