Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
I don’t know what is going on with apple QC this year, 3 iPhones before I got one without fault, and now my new iPad Pro 12.9 makes a creaking / popping sound when you press the lower part of the screen, as if there’s no adhesive in that area, unbelievable.

Man of Honour
I have to admit that while on the face of it the new Pro seems a nice upgrade from the “Gen 2” there are a few things bothering me, the battery life doesn’t seem to be a patch on my old 512GB/LTE model which seems a bit strange - might be the first week that its restoring a lot of stuff, etc in the background but battery life doesn’t seem anywhere near as good.

Also seem to be struggling with much slower WiFi download speeds which is puzzling me a bit, on the same WiFi router as before but almost half the speed and a lot of slowness in Safari.

Seems to power through most things but I have to admit that I’m half wondering if I should get it swapped and see if the battery is better on another one.

Man of Honour
Which photo editing?

Affinity Photo does almost anything Photoshop will (albeit it takes a bit of learning) I’ve done very little editing on anything but iPad this year and that’s using huge RAW files (42/45mp) from the Sony A7r3 and Nikon D850... almost bought a Surface Pro 6 as I’m doing more website work and SharePoint type Development but I’ve always found the Surface Pro line to be decent portable laptops but rubbish tablets... I suppose I could swap my MBP for a Windows based machine and keep the iPad as my mobile machine though.

Soldato
I have to admit that while on the face of it the new Pro seems a nice upgrade from the “Gen 2” there are a few things bothering me, the battery life doesn’t seem to be a patch on my old 512GB/LTE model which seems a bit strange - might be the first week that its restoring a lot of stuff, etc in the background but battery life doesn’t seem anywhere near as good.

Also seem to be struggling with much slower WiFi download speeds which is puzzling me a bit, on the same WiFi router as before but almost half the speed and a lot of slowness in Safari.

Seems to power through most things but I have to admit that I’m half wondering if I should get it swapped and see if the battery is better on another one.

‌Battery is the reason I'm sticking to my 10.5 even though this new one seems so much fancier. Most reviews say it's average so I doubt something is wrong with yours.

Soldato
Most power banks have a separate input charging port to charge them up, so it shouldn't charge from one of the regular output power ports surely?

Man of Honour
Loved using my 11" Pro over the last week. Been using it as a laptop with the keyboard case on the train as I hate taking my MBP to work with me seeing as I have too much in my bag already. Really impressed with the keyboard, was expecting it to be horrible seeing as it's built in to the case but it feels really nice to type on

Soldato
So I have been on a course all week and using my 11" iPad Pro as the only note-taking device - and it's working fantastic, using OneNote as I am pretty keyed into that product and it's been absolutely fantastic, easily as neat as writing on paper, but still digital. I need to look at some tips and tricks for diagramming as I am all over the place, but my diagrams on pen and paper are even worse so I will hopefully be able to use something to improve on the iPad.

Also using it as the media consumption device etc and it's been fantastic, could have left my mBP at home apart from the actual coursework itself which is Azure Labs and lots of Powershell. The one downside, you can't realistically do a lot of coding on these yet.

Associate
I went to my local iStore to check out the new Pros. I thought that the 11" was awesome, probably the perfect size and weight for a tablet.
This didn't help me much, as I has my heart set on the 12.9 but now I'm not so sure!

Back
Top Bottom