Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Complete newbie when it comes to car cleaning.
Starting from scratch with a budget of £50-100 for cleaning products / kit what would you guys recommend?
I have a 2005 Black Cayenne.
Cheers!

Caporegime
Complete newbie when it comes to car cleaning.
Starting from scratch with a budget of £50-100 for cleaning products / kit what would you guys recommend?
I have a 2005 Black Cayenne.
Cheers!

Assuming you have a hose and fittings?

Washmitt
2 buckets
Meguiars gold class car shampoo
Clay bar such as one by bilt hamber
Poor boys black hole polish
Nattys blue paste wax
Fallout remover
Pack of decent microfiber cloths
Foam applicator pads.
Something to store them in.

Associate
Any good deals on some general purpose microfiber cloths without them being too expensive? I already have a few quality ones for buffing, etc. Just need a few for the interior, leather cleaning, etc...

Associate
Assuming you have a hose and fittings?

Washmitt
2 buckets
Meguiars gold class car shampoo
Clay bar such as one by bilt hamber
Poor boys black hole polish
Nattys blue paste wax
Fallout remover
Pack of decent microfiber cloths
Foam applicator pads.
Something to store them in.

Hey,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, hose and attachments ready to go. Have the option of borrowing a pressure washer if need be? Or spray head for hose okay for a first rinse?

Soldato
Are the Meguiars or Autoglym kits worth getting? They are on offer at Halfords atm, or is it better just to get the individual items you need?

Getting a new car in the next month or 2 and want to try and keep it looking relatively decent :)

Soldato
Best pressure washer under £200? K4?
Keep an eye on Amazon this week, there will be various Karcher and Nilfisk in the sales dirt cheap. The K4 Full Control was £160 yesterday but they'll reappear all week. Use camelcamelcamel to set up a watch list on the models you're interested in.

Soldato
Are the Meguiars or Autoglym kits worth getting? They are on offer at Halfords atm, or is it better just to get the individual items you need?

Getting a new car in the next month or 2 and want to try and keep it looking relatively decent :)

No they aren't. Buy individual. Both companies have some good products and some rubbish ones (even in the same kit).

Soldato
The auto finesse complete protection kit is pretty good - the only thing I'd change is the carnuaba wax for some meguiars Ultimate fast finish, as tripple already has carnuaba wax it in. Although with a new car you probably won't need to clay it for a while either

My stuff of choice is:

Autobrite magifoam
Auto finesse citrus power*
Meguiars ultimate wash & wax
Meguiars quik clay kit*
Auto finesse tripple*
Meguiars ultimate fast finish

*Still need to buy these.

Soldato
Keep an eye on Amazon this week, there will be various Karcher and Nilfisk in the sales dirt cheap. The K4 Full Control was £160 yesterday but they'll reappear all week. Use camelcamelcamel to set up a watch list on the models you're interested in.

Black Friday completely slipped my mind. Cheers!

Man of Honour
egkbngD.jpg
juxYg0r.jpg

Had the car cleaned and the paint inspected today before it has a full paint correction and ceramic coat in January.

Shocking the amount of defects he found especially on the rear panels and the bottom sills. Nothing I can see unless you shine his special light on it or really get up close, but it’s crazy for a car that was first registered 9 months ago.

Can’t wait to see what it looks like after January though as it already looks amazing when clean, think the colour will really pop!

Soldato
Shocking the amount of defects he found especially on the rear panels and the bottom sills. Nothing I can see unless you shine his special light on it or really get up close, but it’s crazy for a car that was first registered 9 months ago.
That seems to be a trait of Mercedes paint. Mine has orange peel over most of the doors and wings. You can't notice it from more than 3 feet away, but just knowing it's there annoys me.

Man of Honour
That seems to be a trait of Mercedes paint. Mine has orange peel over most of the doors and wings. You can't notice it from more than 3 feet away, but just knowing it's there annoys me.

Yeah, I was annoyed thinking I'm stuck with it but he said that everything will easily be fixed by the one stage correction I’m getting done.

Associate
I'd love to join in with this thread but I fear after 736 pages I may be a little late.

Like the OP, I found Detailing World many years ago (12 to be precise) and since then I've been obsessed. Only last year I spent over 100 hours detailing and ceramic coating my XFR-S for the official Detailing World show, Waxstock at the Ricoh Arena.

Soldato
First time using most of this stuff and first time claying a car!

And the result:

So it's been washed, clayed, a layer of tripple followed by a layer of radiance, then some ultimate fast finish to seal it all in.

Up close it's got lots and lots of flaws, but then it is 92k miles and 12 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom