Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I agree Hue is stupidly expensive. About 75% of my lighting is Hue now, but I only buy them when on sale and have built up gradually over a couple of years. You can't beat Hue though for ease of use and quality.

Man of Honour
It's the same reason that not everyone drives a Daewoo Matiz :p
Ha I don't even own a car :D
Not many £5 bulbs that will seamlessly integrate into home automation systems, with such a range of colour options.
But... what's wrong with a switch on the wall :o how often do people really change the colour of the lighting in their rooms? Daylight bulbs ftw.

Soldato

But... what's wrong with a switch on the wall :o how often do people really change the colour of the lighting in their rooms? Daylight bulbs ftw.

I never have to touch any of my lights though, different scenes at different times of day etc. I only have a handful of coloured bulbs though. Motion sensors are handy too, hallway and landing lights stay on dim in the evenings but go bright with motion.

Nothing wrong with a switch on the wall still though :D

Soldato

Nothing wrong with that, if you just want a light that goes on and off. Other people want their systems to do more, like remote dimming, group control, individual control, etc. for various reasons starting from 'just because' .

Soldato
Philips Hue sucks. The colours aren't great, and they don't go bright enough.

LIFX bulbs are way, way better. The only issue with them is they don't use a central hub so if you outfit your entire house with them you might find out that you've got WiFi overcrowding.

Soldato
I never have to touch any of my lights though, different scenes at different times of day etc. I only have a handful of coloured bulbs though. Motion sensors are handy too, hallway and landing lights stay on dim in the evenings but go bright with motion.

Nothing wrong with a switch on the wall still though :D

So your lights are on all the time (albeit dimly until needed)? Isn't that a bit of a waste of electricity or am I missing something?

Soldato
I have 2 main lights in my living room and 3 lamps. I have to turn all of these on separately and it's a PITA. I would love to just tell Alexa to turn the lamps on. The main lights I'm less bothered about, particularly as smart switches in the UK aren't very good. I wouldn't install smart lights without changed the light switches.

Soldato
On Black Friday I bought an Asus PG278QR and a 70 piece Bosch accessory kit. No one want's to see that thought so here's the monitor out of it's box.

e5QlPB7.jpg

And set up next to my old monitor

XMdsjY4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom