Fury - Wilder thread

Soldato
Fury looks in very decent shape so I think the question of can he do the full 12 are answered. Can he still take the pain and keep his mind on the job for 12 rounds though? That's my worry.

Associate
As much as I hate to say it I think fury might just tip the win if he doesn’t get caught with a shot!Haven’t seen much of wilders fights but what I have seen is that he likes to punch and has a fair punch on him but fury likes to play a lot more than fight could be his down fall.

How is everyone watching?

See it’s scheduled for a 5am start on Sunday morning:o

Soldato
If an 80%+ Fury turns up and he remains switched on for every second of every round, he boxes Wilders head off. He needs to hold, lean on him as often as he can and also box and keep moving. Once Wilders power has been sapped from him, he's a tomato can. He has nothing else to offer. Would have preferred Fury to have had another fight or two before this one but let's see what happens.

Soldato
I think Fury looks pretty unfit compared to how he was against Klitschko, he still has quite a bit of fat around his midriff that he hasn't managed to lose.

That said, he's such an awkward boxer - my prediction is he'll win via a decision, because I think Wilder only really brings a big right hand and not much else, but then again - I'm no expert :D

Although I would like Wilder to win, because I think Fury and his family are gypo trash.

Soldato
I'm going to open the usual can of worms but Fury hasn't do anything bar that fight. I can see Wilder tagging him round 5 or 6 and Wilder if nothing else is a great finisher!

It's a good point, Wilder has been active this whole time - he's also 100% fit and boy can he launch bombs at people.

That said, Fury is a 7ft tall *****, so it'll be an interesting bout either way,

Caporegime
So, what you guys think? Will he beat Wilder?

I hope so. He has never been fitter has he. Should be an interesting fight.

Seems like he wants to help the downtrodden too. Lets hope he sticks to his word:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46369351

in terms of fitness i think it will take years to undo all the damage he did. therefore he should have had another 2 fights to get up to fitness before this one.

it will be a case of is he fit enough as the 2 fights he has had have been against nobodies and therefore he never got out of second gear whereas in this fight he needs to be on his A game for the full 12 rounds.

Wilder has knocked out every opponent he has ever faced. he's big, strong athletic and can take punches as well as throw them. First 6 rounds Wilder has the advantage as he will be the most dangerous. After that it's a case of how truly fit Fury is. if he isn't as fit as he thinks then Wilder will tag him otherwise if he is fit then he should outbox him and keep up the pace.

Like I said I would have preferred him to have had another 2 fights. this may have come too quickly for him.

Soldato
Anyone else feel people are horribly underestimating how hard Fury punches? If Fury took a swing from the knees and landed it would curl your teeth.

Caporegime
Anyone else feel people are horribly underestimating how hard Fury punches? If Fury took a swing from the knees and landed it would curl your teeth.

he doesn't do that though. he's not a puncher. he's a jab and move man.

so yeah we don't rate his punching power because it's not his style.

yes he can knock people down and hurt people but he isn't made of the ilk that wilder is in terms of knockout power. mike tyson was a puncher. the likes of klitsckho were just defence experts who would jab you to death.

Back
Top Bottom