*** The 2018 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
I've just done 3 months of strong lifts now. My goal for coming year is to build on what I have done and keep getting stronger while losing some of the belly chub but I don't want to aggressively cut really as want to build strength for the foreseeable. I know to do that I need to mostly control how often I drink as my diet is pretty good. I may need to up food calories I guess as I am just eating normally with one protein shake when I lift. So looking at diet is goal for NY.

Loving the linearity of stronglifts and the sense of progress. From starting with the bar or not a lot more than it my squat is 100kg, OHP (which I am struggling with) 40kg, DL 112kg, BP and Row 65kg at the mo. I know small numbers but still making good progress. Just turned 44. Have only had issues/missed reps on the OHP so far. I'm doing some assistance, chin ups, weighted dips, curls, planks.

Man of Honour
Hmm, 2019 goals.

I want 250kg on my deadlift, but that is well within reach now, so I would be happy with 275kg by the end of 2019.

I want 200kg on my squat, but that is unlikely, so a solid 180-190kg would make me happy. Most importantly I don’t want to go backwards!

If my shoulder holds up, I would like another 20kg minimum on my bench pushing me to 160kg.

I need to keep increasing my calorie intake, but need to squeeze more veggies into my diet too.

Soldato
I lift for a few weeks then realise I don't enjoy it, then force myself back a for a few weeks. Rinse and repeat. Never consistent

Don't even cycle now. Spent £3k on a bike and then stopped riding. Wut do
What killed the motivation for the gym, you were all in balls deep before having a kid and becoming a MAMIL

Back
Top Bottom