Not open for further replies.
Associate
Standard Process:
  • Snow foamed
  • Two bucket method hand job (giggity)
  • Dried
  • Clayed
  • Waxed
Not overly impressed with my clay bar - removed a lots but struggle on some spots, thinking I may need a chemical or more aggressive clay bar. The white is really unforgiving for tar / sap spots. The wheels need a proper clean, didn't spend anywhere near enough time on them. The spokes are large but the discs fill the voids. I may need to remove the wheels to clean and seal properly and just couldn't be bothered with that today. Too lazy, it's good enough attitude.

y4m3qThTk-TjAQpI_ptt_LWQpI7frHjxgayxNUhRIosPWE4WJrzsnNgP1IUWEPPc9EEvToAOEo17G7vdRLrCYswNaGwlar93Gzu7QNmwJ7137bsHBmS9t16wL3I2xz6_oEa1yB2qEG3OnGgISlQlhCHg5pu0t3mTA-QwbZs8zSvXGdNeMzpzUWs110YA7B_Nhj2RAmeQUSpQL4EjUM1JlRP_A

y4mxbjNt_QC9fY0RWjkJpVDZTMD_Z-CdF63-z2h4Egn5rWfdRCoA4TBu6y3jp7xv4F145vp-ijHpyXqacirAPL-GSRUcCbYUk9qbgwinVEpJpG8M8H65pZoWgnbxB20cy0RMwaUh8QHXOKQyA8gdngLU7X2Sa0vaFU194oqZCZq-_Ktwh6cKaFVtVo-h-wK6irr_Md8KqJZaFPBAlFCAI5vGg

y4mMXqsmZlPCcGpgK4uc1ouJvruCtFUHmhQV3yWRdHjHG0yM673CqJzgOjMB6MlN706SEe5cdY3X9GFnEYWwIttMFuKEJvYAl1zVcACpi0UMrCsHWAvcEEwU3FztZ8w8tX8NlUZIuSyKSBwbsszy2Rm6fghYrp3yQulFkzZAM2cT49gmrtDolkDUeKMCJ-7P-mfdgM-VvJfu2g82F7QFk4MCQ

Soldato
I've got a Gyeon Silk towel and I'm thinking of picking up a couple more. Just lightly drag it over the car and it sucks all the water up in one pass.

I'm also thinking of getting a water filter system so that I can just leave it to dry as in the summer the car pretty much dries as I wash it so it ends up all spotty but they're over $300 so they're on the back burner.

Soldato
I bought 3 of those and they work great, I'd wash it first though, I did see quite a bit of lint on first use. Might just have been a specific batch though.

That happens with any towel really, if brand new.

I can't recommend the miracle dryer large towels from cleanyourcar.co.uk. I've got some that must be nearly 10 years old now and still going strong. Have a couple of newer ones and there is zero lint.

I regret buying the auto finesse aqua deluxe drying towel. Feels way to heavy and leaves so many bits of fibres/lint on the paint it is unreal. It sucks up water well - you could easily do 2-3 cars but its not worth the hassle afterwards in my opinion.

Caporegime
I'm sure it's been discussed but doesn't anyone use those hand-wash places where you drive in and sit there whilst they pressure wash, and then get out and watch whilst they do the interior?

I'm sure they are frowned upon by people who spend 2-3 hours washing and waxing their cars, but it's not practical where I am (don't have an outside tap on the rented house, for a start). I've been using them for years and never had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom