*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Got our switch on a spur of the moment purchase yesterday.

Loving it today, the 3 year old manages to play mario kart and some of the mini games on mario party. We then went on to play oddysey. Thought it would be fine if our 6 year old daughter was mario and 3 year old son was cappy. Unfortunately our son found the jump button and caused our daughter to die continuously, didn't go down well. I'd advise only kids 5+ play oddysey, even as the hat.

Obviously when the kids are in bed we play a bit, can't wait to complete oddysey with the Mrs.

My six year old completed Odessy on assist mode (I helped with some of the tougher platforming/timed bits). Was a great experience to share

Soldato
nearly got all chars on chapter 3 now on octopath, had the switch in handheld mode on my bed watching movies last night while going in a town and running out then doing a few runs in circles then back in town....

tressa was finding me over 2k a shot of money some poor **** lost each time i entered the town, ended up with over 100k money lol :)

Man of Honour
I have the same problem with Yoshi games that I have with Kirby games, they are always far too easy to the point that I genuinely think that I can complete them with my eyes closed.

Caporegime
I have the same problem with Yoshi games that I have with Kirby games, they are always far too easy to the point that I genuinely think that I can complete them with my eyes closed.
I am concerned about it being as easy as Kirby. But Treehouses did make it seem like the challenge is there if you want to 100% it, especially in the later levels.

Hopefully there is a demo.

Soldato
hmm quick question on octopath, what's the deal with the inn prices, they seem to be slowly creeping up, do they cap out?

done a lot of the chapter 2 ones, just need to finish a few more then chapter 3, i paid 30 for that game in the eshop sale but i reckon it is worth the 50 at full asking price, loving it :)

hehe sounds like fun and if you never had a wii u like me, there is a switch port of the wii u mario bros 2d game coming out on the 11th of this month and it includes the add on pack as well i think :)

edit: grab a physical version of star link while you can, comes with a cool arwing model and less than 20 quid now :)

Took a punt as it's £17.95. I'm not fussed about the plastic toys but cheap for the game I guess.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just tried to play SSB:U with 2 mates in an arena battle and the lag was awful. We all live within 5 miles of each other as well so it’s not like we are asking for a lagless match across the world.

Is a wired ethernet worth it for the switch?

Caporegime
Just tried to play SSB:U with 2 mates in an arena battle and the lag was awful. We all live within 5 miles of each other as well so it’s not like we are asking for a lagless match across the world.

Is a wired ethernet worth it for the switch?
Depends if you have a new or older switch :p

Mine was before they sorted the Wifi issues out. So I got an ethernet adapter for mine, and it works great.

EDIT: To add further, I did have some troubles joining matches setup by Kreee and the Switch was 1 metre away from the Router. But the router itself may not be a lot of cop.

Anyway, I got the ethernet adapter and it joined instantly and between us (Switzerland to Portugal) its been brilliant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom