**** The Official Google Pixel 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Well the update has caused me issues,

When I lock my screen while using Bluetooth earphones the audio cuts off as soon as I put the phone in my pocket.

It's happening with Spotify and Tunein I think it's proximity sensor related.

Last edited:
Associate
So is there any way to tell who is the screen manufacturer of pixel 3, i have seen somewhere that lg and boe are both suppliers and only lg screens are the one that flicker ?

Associate
I used it on my P1 XL. I really liked it and it worked just fine. Only the keyboard would throw up the old controls with it. Just be aware some wallpapers might not fit properly with the extra screen height. Oh, and it's a little bit of a faff getting rid of the original controls as you have to copy a command to the phone via ADB or usb uebugging or something. Although it's only a one time thing.

Soldato
I want to try this but haven't got round to adb.

How well does it perform? Flawless?

Yes, works very well. Although i prefer an app called Edge Gestures (does the same thing really)

Main reason to use is you get more screen now and looks much better. :)

But fluid is getting a lot of hype on reddit and xda at the moment.

Soldato
Yes, works very well. Although i prefer an app called Edge Gestures (does the same thing really)

Thanks. I will have to try it out as full screen would be the icing on the Pixel 3 cake... I mean Pie :D

Soldato

I must be doing something wrong here

edit - got it working, will have to set it up. Thanks

Edit 2 - Working like a charm!

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided I was bored of iPhones, I mean I gave it a good couple of years, and I bought a Pixel 3!

That deal with CPW was still active so I thought I'll chance my arm, £369 paid for the handset and I've contacted O2 today to cancel the SIM Only plan it came with in their 14 day policy.

Had no issues getting that organised, a confirmation email is getting sent through and I'll simply keep an eye on things for the next few days and make sure it goes through since I'll be expecting the SIM to stop working once processed.

Nice to be back on a pure Android experience again.

Soldato
Decided I was bored of iPhones, I mean I gave it a good couple of years, and I bought a Pixel 3!

That deal with CPW was still active so I thought I'll chance my arm, £369 paid for the handset and I've contacted O2 today to cancel the SIM Only plan it came with in their 14 day policy.

Had no issues getting that organised, a confirmation email is getting sent through and I'll simply keep an eye on things for the next few days and make sure it goes through since I'll be expecting the SIM to stop working once processed.

Nice to be back on a pure Android experience again.

you got a link to deal ? i am thinking of getting this for family member. so you are left with a sim free phone essentially ?

Soldato
you got a link to deal ? i am thinking of getting this for family member. so you are left with a sim free phone essentially ?

Yeah mate, it's the way they've bundled it together. I'll see if I can find you a link that still works...I had to go through incognito mode to get it to come up. Also just received the email confirming the 14 day cease :) So I at least have that to refer to.

Looks like the deal has disappeared from the site again :( I wasn't able to find it for a few days and then it reppeared. Best thing to do is periodically check for deals on it and filter by Highest Upfront cost, it should hopefully appear for you as well.

Oh so I done a search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pix...gB&biw=1278&bih=1319#spd=16704551797712045759
First result appears to be £409 upfront and a £15p/m SIMO with O2 through CPW.

So if it works the same as the previous ones it's the handset and a SIMO and therefore you can cancel the SIMO contract. However this hasn't been posted anywhere to confirm tested and working. So I can't guarantee anything unfortunately.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom