Unhappy 2019

It's really crap when unlucky things happen in close succession. A few years ago, me being laid off and me losing my Gran happened within a few weeks of each other. What added salt to the wound though is when I put the phone down from hearing that my Gran died, my phone rang again immediately, this time from a potential employer to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Soldato
OP
Firstly, i am sorry to hear these things happened to you. Was it a routine blood test that the heart attack was picked up on?

Worrying to know you can have one without knowing it?!?!

Edit: without knowing
I explained it a bit bad. I had a pain in my chest that felt a little like a chest infection so went to the walk in centre, they checked everything except bloods because they can't and did an ECG which came back normal, they suggested I go to A and E purely because of family history. I ignored that at first and went home. Picked all my tools up the next day and did shopping then decided to go to A and E as the feeling was still there and that's when they did the blood test.
Time for a lifestyle change tho

Man of Honour
Really sorry to hear your bad news! Hope your luck improves. My Dad, Grandad and Great Grandad have all had heart attacks in their 40's and it's really worrying. I'm only 36 but It plays on my mind.

Soldato
Sending condolences from another overclocker laid up in hospital with a chest infection and accidental paracetamol overdose.

The worst thing about it is it was my little boy's birthday today, and he hardly got anything as we've all been bed bound with flu for a week, definitely owe him a good one when we're all recovered!

Soldato
OP
Sending condolences from another overclocker laid up in hospital with a chest infection and accidental paracetamol overdose.

The worst thing about it is it was my little boy's birthday today, and he hardly got anything as we've all been bed bound with flu for a week, definitely owe him a good one when we're all recovered!
Sorry to hear that. Im really missing my 2 being in here

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We have a guy on our ward keeps going over to patients while they're sleeping so I'm sleeping with one eye open tonight. Don't fancy waking up with him stood over me

Back
Top Bottom