*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Darksiders 1 is coming, 24.99 (too much imo) and getting a physical release too.

Great game if you haven't played it

2nd of April. Have to imagine DS2 will come too as it was out on the Wii U

Soldato
Thinking of picking up snipperclips but not sure how many levels there are and how many hours you can get out of it.

Looking to play it with a 8 year old as she loved the demo

Caporegime
Thinking of picking up snipperclips but not sure how many levels there are and how many hours you can get out of it.

Looking to play it with a 8 year old as she loved the demo

i've played it for about 6-8 hours and never replayed a level. dunno how many there are but i've only ever went to 1 of the menus. it's well worth the money

Soldato
Hi all,

hopefully going to pick up a Switch this month. From looking around the best deal I can see is £310 for the console and Zelda which is the first game I would like to play. Has anyone seen any better deals around? Buying the console and game separately is more expensive (cheapest console is £280 and cheapest Zelda new is £47).

Soldato
Be sure to check the members market if you have access. I got Zelda for £28 there from a fellow member. That seems to be the going rate for Switch games second hand

Soldato
Be sure to check the members market if you have access. I got Zelda for £28 there from a fellow member. That seems to be the going rate for Switch games second hand
I’ve been keeping my eye over the last few weeks for games to see what prices they are selling for. Haven’t seen Zelda pass through yet though. Someone sold a Switch on the MM on Monday for a fantastic price however I was too indecisive and it was snapped up.

Permabanned
I backed out because the bundles are really poorly priced. I saw BT had the grey + Mario Odyssey case for £259 but someone bought the last one while i slept on it. That would have been with Mario from Amazon at £39.99.

What beefs me is thats not the real price of a bundle either because you need Nintendo online and an SD card and a lan adapter and now were at the £350+ range easily with maybe a single game? Thats the reason they just said they are not going to hit 20m units this year. Its because of the rubbish bundles taking up half the internal 32gb and the Nintendo online patches filling the rest.

I would say now wait until the 3rd March to see what anniversary deals pop up. But for sure there is another model in the works thats what gives me hope maybe a 1080p LED or AMOLED? And they need to revise Tegra anyways because not only is it running at half speed and underclocked but it keeps getting cracked. I think this is why they said thier focus was on the Switch for now but now they will not hit thier target and 7.00 being cracked withing hours might leave them in the position to upgrade. If it were me it would be on either the second or third anniversary so 3rd March 2019 or 2020.

Soldato
I’m really keen on picking up a switch!
Just a little worried if Nintendo will be bringing out a updated version this year?

As there’s rumours flying around.

What do you guys think?
The latest rumor I had seen with regards to a 'pro' console was that it wouldn't be released this year now. There were rumors it would be as early as the summer however that looks to have changed.

Caporegime
do anyone use a ethernet adaptor? it doesnt seem to increase the quality of connection for me, at least according to speed test i am getting similar speed.
I'm using one because I have an earlier Switch with a rubbish WiFi chip. So I got it to reduce latency for Smash Bros online. The difference itself isn't so much in connection speed (unless your router is very far away!) But more a reduction in packet loss and latency.

Man of Honour
The latest rumor I had seen with regards to a 'pro' console was that it wouldn't be released this year now. There were rumors it would be as early as the summer however that looks to have changed.

Surely no one expects a more powerful console anytime soon. It makes absolutely no business sense to do so!

However, there is market demand for a smaller more portable console with no dock (or one that outputs only at native 720p screen resolution) and no removable joycons in Japan.

By not having the chip clock higher when docked they can save money on the dock, chip, cooling, and a smaller a battery. Fixed controls will save them a lot of money too (battery, duplicate gyro, wireless components and locking mechanisms) so they could release it at a very low price point.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Surely no one expects a more powerful console anytime soon. It makes absolutely no business sense to do so!

However, there is market demand for a smaller more portable console with no dock (or one that outputs only at native 720p screen resolution) and no removable joycons in Japan.

I think we should expect one it has been two years. Example i paid Nvidia xx for the parts. Two years on its old tech i demand a die shrink or a better Tegra for value.

So if you die shrink you can overclock the CPU so in some games you can nearly double the FPS. This is really easy to do you just beef up the cooler inside or die shrink. And while there increase the ram from 4gb to 8gb. Thats pretty much going to cost the same price. Times move on what Nintendo bought last year is now devalued. Does a 1080 still cost the same as two years ago? Nope tech value halves in a two year period.

They could also easily source 1080p bezel free LED screens. The only issue i see is will they be able to source the low blur OLED? I think not and if anything it will be a cheap 1080p LED. Overall it would be easy to give the Switch a 60%+ boost because this is why some games will never come to Switch.

No Steep or COD or any other game because clearly there are games people want to put on there at 30fps but even at that framerate the CPU gives them rubbish performance like Ark. And Ark is an embarrassment to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom