How often do you go to the Dentist?

Soldato
@jpod hope you dont mind the tag but as youre a dentist I have a question for you. Ive just been to my dentist to have moulds done for whitening. He has given me the Philips Zoom DayWhite 6% Hydrogen Peroxide kit.

His instructions were to apply the gel and wear overnight for up to 8 hrs max.

Now, the instructions in the kit itself appear generic for all the different strengths, however there is a small table which says that for DayWhite 6% the wear time should be 60-90 minutes.

Oddly though, the same table in the booklet has the NiteWhite 10% and the 16% strengths at longer, overnight and 4-6 hours respectively.

So do I follow my dentists instructions or the booklet? It seems odd that the lower strength solution is the shorter wear time.

And why hasnt he given me the stronger solution? I wasnt offered any choice in this.

I hope this isnt locked/ question removed. Its only whitening gel so no serious consequences here, just hoping for jpods opinion on it as my dentist might be spouting nonsense.

Ta.

Did it work? My dentist offers that treatment

Soldato
My mate hasn’t been since 2005 :eek: his teeth are bad, receding gums, yellow and green teeth. I told him that one day he’ll have to go so why not make an appointment now. He won’t though.

Soldato
Dentist every 6 months. X-ray every year. Hygienist every 6 months but sometimes squeeze an extra visit in by visiting dentist in 8 months and 4 month intervals, so sometimes 3 times a year for a deep clean and polish. I have some issues with gums around my lower wisdoms, due to them not coming through at the right angle that means if I don't keep on top of them I'll lose my rear molars. Annoying as there's nothing wrong with any of them and I have no fillings or any real staining anywhere which is remarkable considering how I've lived my life.

But yeah, it's a good idea to keep your teeth and gums in good nick. The same bacteria involved with gingivitis is heavily linked with heart problems and general cardio vascular health.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gin...j69i57j0l4.10607j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Caporegime
every 3 months. average cost is like £5-£12 per visit.

chiropractor is every 1-2 weeks and is £15 per visit for similar amount of time.

so i stopped going to chiro but and self adjust but i feel like i need to go for a proper adjustment once every 6 months i just need to find a decent one. i think my old one was just average.

Caporegime
every 3 months. average cost is like £5-£12 per visit.

chiropractor is every 1-2 weeks and is £15 per visit for similar amount of time.

so i stopped going to chiro but and self adjust but i feel like i need to go for a proper adjustment once every 6 months i just need to find a decent one. i think my old one was just average.

I suspect you don't really need to find one at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/apr/19/controversiesinscience-health

A good Physio might well be a bit more useful!

Caporegime
I suspect you don't really need to find one at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2008/apr/19/controversiesinscience-health

A good Physio might well be a bit more useful!

you might want to watch some youtube videos then of people who have had all sorts of issues for life getting treatment done and remarkable improvement after seeing a decent chiro in 1 session.

like this guy who's neck kept turning to the left and he had to force his head to the right all day long, etc. this boy who was digging up a tree root using his bare hands in his teens and had been hunch backed ever since for like 3 years. i will say though there are a lot of con artists who do the bare minimum and don't know that much about chiro who aren't worth going to see. but a decent one is worth his weight in gold. especially if you have back, neck or hip issues

all the UFC fighters, pro weightlifters see a chiro on a regular basis. it can help with hip displacement. one leg jarred into the hip, etc. it's not all spine but things connected to the spine. it's a bit like going for a massage there are people who give crap ones and others who know what they are doing and can get all the knots out, etc. whereas the others just give you a rub and send you on your way.

Caporegime
you might want to watch some youtube videos then of people who have had all sorts of issues for life getting treatment done and remarkable improvement after seeing a decent chiro in 1 session.

I'm not sure that "some youtube videos" really counter the argument put forwards by the likes of Simon Singh.

I'm sure I could find some youtube videos from people who are adamant that the psychic they went to see helped them connect with dead relatives or that the homeopathy treatment they took really worked.

Anyway, it this probably isn't the thread for discussing it, to each his own...

Associate
I've always had bad teeth and after some treatments went pear shaped I'm off to Budapest in March for a clinic there to possibly get implants. It's a lot cheaper than in UK and one of my former flat mates is a dentist and checked the clinic out and gave his approval.

Doesn't helped to have been addicted to fizzy drinks for quite some time even though I've been able to cut them out a fair amount.

Caporegime
I'm not sure that "some youtube videos" really counter the argument put forwards by the likes of Simon Singh.

I'm sure I could find some youtube videos from people who are adamant that the psychic they went to see helped them connect with dead relatives or that the homeopathy treatment they took really worked.

Anyway, it this probably isn't the thread for discussing it, to each his own...

what are you smoking?

the youtube video shows the person has a severe issue. and it is then corrected with chiro work.

it's not just someone saying it works. they show you it working.

people who come in and are told to walk in a line and then their issues pointed out like leg sway, hip movement, etc. then some adjustments are made and with each adjustment their issues improve.

the people aren't paid actors either as some come in with their parents and the types of issues they have like humpbacks aren't exactly easy to fake realistically.

Caporegime
what are you smoking?

the youtube video shows the person has a severe issue. and it is then corrected with chiro work.

I'm not smoking anything thanks, but this is a dentistry thread not a Chiro thread. Honestly I'd strongly suggest you try a bit of critical thinking re: this rather than mindlessly believing in nonsense because you've watched a youtube video.

Caporegime
I'm not smoking anything thanks, but this is a dentistry thread not a Chiro thread. Honestly I'd strongly suggest you try a bit of critical thinking re: this rather than mindlessly believing in nonsense because you've watched a youtube video.

i've been to a chiro so i've felt the difference. my posture improved dramatically.

Soldato
My mates teeth look like a row of tombstones. He’s not been in years. One day it will catch up with him. Then he wonders why he finds it hard to get a woman.

Soldato
I am a dentist, private practice. Mainly treat adults. Most of you lot need to go for a check up once per year and the hygienist/therapist about once or twice a year. If you are susceptible to gum disease or you are eating retro sweets coding all day 3 or 4 times a year.

Decent hygienists/therapists will advise you on the recall period.

You must have a check up once a year because it is an oral cancer screen.

For those folk who have not been for years - get cracking and get back to see a dentist regularly - not all dental problems are painful - so get in there.

Even if you go to the therapist 4 times a year - you do 98% of the tooth cleaning at home - so make sure you are good at it and take the things you use to the dental hygiene visits so they therapist can coach you - make you into a black belt tooth cleaner.

x pod

@jpod

How much daily brushing do you recommend?

I use a Philips Sonicare 3 x daily for 2 minutes a time.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom