• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
I'm slowly going off Adrenalin, I have a lot of storage and in excess of 200 games installed & whenever I have to do a ddu and a fresh install it creates profiles for every game automatically, This in turn overloads the software making it constantly freeze & crash when I'm in the Gaming section, It then takes close to an hour to individually delete each one because of the freezes & crashes,
Today I did a second DDU and then unplugged 3 drives leaving the PC with just 2 M.2 drives connected for when I did the fresh Install but even then it still made profiles for 100 plus games which took me over half an hour to manually delete one by one, which is the only way you can delete them.
Having the software scan and automatically create profiles is a bad idea cause I imagine I'm not the only one with this problem, They don't even need it as when you go into the gaming section where the profiles are kept they have three options, refresh, scan or manually add profiles.

Auto profile creation sucks
SpRad_ThumbsDown
SpRad_ThumbsDown
SpRad_ThumbsDown

Soldato
I'm slowly going off Adrenalin, I have a lot of storage and in excess of 200 games installed & whenever I have to do a ddu and a fresh install it creates profiles for every game automatically, This in turn overloads the software making it constantly freeze & crash when I'm in the Gaming section, It then takes close to an hour to individually delete each one because of the freezes & crashes,
Today I did a second DDU and then unplugged 3 drives leaving the PC with just 2 M.2 drives connected for when I did the fresh Install but even then it still made profiles for 100 plus games which took me over half an hour to manually delete one by one, which is the only way you can delete them.
Having the software scan and automatically create profiles is a bad idea cause I imagine I'm not the only one with this problem, They don't even need it as when you go into the gaming section where the profiles are kept they have three options, refresh, scan or manually add profiles.

Auto profile creation sucks
SpRad_ThumbsDown
SpRad_ThumbsDown
SpRad_ThumbsDown

If you not already can you send feedback to AMD using this link.

https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

Permabanned
If you not already can you send feedback to AMD using this link.

https://www.amdsurveys.com/se/5A1E27D23A3DE966

I've done it several times over the last week or two.

This is what I wrote:

Hi, In the Games section of the Radeon Settings software the program automatically creates a profile for each game installed on the PC,
Can you make this optional please, I have a total of 200 games installed across 5 drives and automatically creating profiles for so many games causes the software to freeze and also keep crashing when I attempt to delete the profiles one by one,
I've even gone as far as opening the PC and disconnecting 3 of the drives before installing the software leaving 2 drives which are M.2 drives I can't simply disconnect,
With just the M.2 drives installed it still makes profiles for over 100 games and the software still freezes & crashes when trying to delete them
one by one making it take me 20 to 30 minutes to delete them all so I can use the software comfortably.
The software has both an Auto Refresh & an Add facility with Browse and Scan options so automatically scanning & creating profiles when
the software package is installed isn't needed & isn't convenient for a lot of users,
Can you please remove the auto scan & profile creation feature when installing the Radeon Settings software, Cheers.

I'm hoping it makes sense their end. :D

Soldato
Can't get the AMD control panel to open after updating to 19.1.2

And the processes are using up most of my CPU
07747d06cb3d0c41f9021d3658ce02b4.png

EDIT: Seems to be a conflict with Intel GPU's if i disable my iGPU the AMD CP opens fine, if i re enable it it refuses to open again.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I don't see that issue, just tested it on 19.1.1, Vega 64 and RE2.

I am assuming your edit means you fixed your local system issue?

It's not fixed but it's not nessessarily the drivers either, as I rolled back & they both do it, Apparently my gpu is unknown, has no memory & when I try to mess around in the graphical settings it likes to crash if I'm not in & out quick enough.

Soldato
I don't see that issue, just tested it on 19.1.2, Vega 64 and RE2.
RE2 seems to work fine for me too on 18.12.1. I'm using DX11 since all the videos I've seen suggest it provides a much higher frame rate than DX12 on AMD GPUs, but I can't test it myself because the Radeon Overlay refuses to open. :rolleyes:

Soldato
How come each driver update, AMD steals sound away from my dedicated soundcard and sets it to ******* displayport on my monitor. It's a ******* nuisance that no one wants. :mad:

This appears to be Windows 10 only -it never happened on 8.1.

Soldato
How come each driver update, AMD steals sound away from my dedicated soundcard and sets it to ******* displayport on my monitor. It's a ******* nuisance that no one wants. :mad:

Does it with me aswell, with Nvidia and AMD. Must be down to Windows 10 and not the drivers.

Soldato

Is windows 10, and doing it for both Nvidia and AMD.
And at least in the case of AMD you can select it again. If you have Nvidia drivers after September 2016 you cannot get sound over DP on many Freesync monitors like the XL2730Z
(previous drivers have no issue).

Soldato
I already dislike Windows 10 enough.... don't give me more reasons.:)

If only AMD didn't abandon driver development for Windows 8.1 in the middle of 2017 even though it's supported by MS until 2023.... yes, I know about the tiny market share. Even just one or 2 updates a year would be nice. :p

Soldato
@LtMatt do you know if the following behaviour is correct?

When I create a custom game OC profile all work well.
If the game .exe file is patched, the profile override doesn't work. Need to delete the game profile and create a new one, uploading the wattman & graphic override settings.

Is this normal?

Caporegime
OP
@LtMatt do you know if the following behaviour is correct?

When I create a custom game OC profile all work well.
If the game .exe file is patched, the profile override doesn't work. Need to delete the game profile and create a new one, uploading the wattman & graphic override settings.

Is this normal?
If the exe file is modified by the game update, it sounds logical.

Soldato
I already dislike Windows 10 enough.... don't give me more reasons.:)

If only AMD didn't abandon driver development for Windows 8.1 in the middle of 2017 even though it's supported by MS until 2023.... yes, I know about the tiny market share. Even just one or 2 updates a year would be nice. :p
It’s the one reason I won’t buy an Amd gpu as I’m still on windows 8.1 and won’t change until I must. I just really dislike windows 10.

Soldato
If the exe file is modified by the game update, it sounds logical.

Surely not if the name stays the same? Otherwise you're saying that every time a game update arrives, the adrenaline profile fails. The user then has to delete and remake the profile. Some games might update every week.

Caporegime
OP
Surely not if the name stays the same? Otherwise you're saying that every time a game update arrives, the adrenaline profile fails. The user then has to delete and remake the profile. Some games might update every week.
I don't see this behaviour personally. However if the application crashes due to unstable GPU settings, then the profile settings can get lost. You can then recreate the profile or just enable the histogram and it will remember the previous settings.

Last edited:
Associate
So now DayZ Standalone is at full release i suppose i can complain about driver support now :p

Heres my stuttering problem, starts at about 0.35.. ends at about 1.10.

I get this at whatever settings i use, highest, high, medium, low and lowest with AA on or off, full screen or windowed.. makes no freaking difference.. somebody help, had this for well over 2 years now. Just to add, it isnt server related as it happened in Offline Mode too.

@LtMatt ?

Back
Top Bottom