*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

Soldato
Finished Leon and Clair and I have to say I really did not enjoy it. Why there was not even a basic melee or dodge move spoilt it for me.
I seemingly unlocked survivor mode and had a quick look but the amount of rounds you needed to put a zombie down was just plain silly.

Looking forward to the 15th of this month.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Finished Leon and Clair and I have to say I really did not enjoy it. Why there was not even a basic melee or dodge move spoilt it for me.
I seemingly unlocked survivor mode and had a quick look but the amount of rounds you needed to put a zombie down was just plain silly.

By the sound of it mate you were expecting a football game and got a rugby one instead by mistake and wondered why you was not enjoying it :p

With survivor mode when I finally finished it I was dodging (running past) over 50% of the zombies. There is no way you can kill every zombie in that mode. This is the issue, people are expecting a different type of game and then getting disappointed. It seems like you would enjoy Resident Evil 4-6. Action and bullets galore :)

Soldato
By the sound of it mate you were expecting a football game and got a rugby one instead by mistake and wondered why you was not enjoying it :p

With survivor mode when I finally finished it I was dodging (running past) over 50% of the zombies. There is no way you can kill every zombie in that mode. This is the issue, people are expecting a different type of game and then getting disappointed. It seems like you would enjoy Resident Evil 4-6. Action and bullets galore :)

I certainly do not understand the football/rugby analogy. But I have played pretty much every Res Evil game made and not all have been good by any means. This was a remake where they were happy to drop stuff, spiders in sewer for example but not give a simple dodge or melee which I feel would have been an improvement. But hey it wasted a few hours.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I certainly do not understand the football/rugby analogy. But I have played pretty much every Res Evil game made and not all have been good by any means. This was a remake where they were happy to drop stuff, spiders in sewer for example but not give a simple dodge or melee which I feel would have been an improvement. But hey it wasted a few hours.
Fair enough mate, I did take it too far with that one :p

Sorry did not know/forgot you played most the other games. I personally feel any dodge other than what is there could be game breaking in this design. What you are saying would make the game way different and personally I think it would be inferior unless executed in a way I cannot think of right now. It is just not that type of game imo.

You really can run past many zombies if done in a certain way and also you have the knife etc that helps you dodge unless they take you from behind that is.

Last edited:
Soldato

Knife?

Time your runs.

For me it captures the spirit of the original perfectly.

Only finished Leon A though and really looking forward to the rest.

Soldato
Ok so hours game play in.......

Tried with an xbox controller but was't keen. Have decided to ditch my 144 hz and go with the 4k HDR. I've switched to my K+M on my lap, sat on my recliner chair with my 55inch TV 8foot from my face!

I'm in love with it. The mouse acceleration and aiming is taking a bit of getting used to, but i've come off the back of playing fornite which has rapid movement!

As for the game.... Brilliant, i've propper **** myself a couple of times already. I tried playing on Harcore because i love using the ink ribbons, but as its my first time in a while i'm gonna save Hardcore for Claire!

Booked a day off work this week, gonna get up early, run, take the kids to school, out for brekkie..... Then come home, shut the black out blinds and Eat, Drink and smash RE2 all day!!

I've also found this really useful as i've just started out

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
The knife is crazy OP in this game, even on hardcore it does delicious damage to bosses.
I remember in the old games it did hardly any and I would always store it asap. In this game they are useful. Got my unbreakable knife now :)

I am about to complete the game for the 5th time. It seems I will not be able to keep it under 3 hours for the achievement, but I have not done a single save, as auto saves are plenty on standard mode. I messed up by actually make sure I collect everything it seems :(

Caporegime
Some of them are on camera rolls that you have to develop in the darkroom. For the very last safe, the combination is found:

On the side of the safe :p

I remember in the old games it did hardly any and I would always store it asap. In this game they are useful. Got my unbreakable knife now :)

I am about to complete the game for the 5th time. It seems I will not be able to keep it under 3 hours for the achievement, but I have not done a single save, as auto saves are plenty on standard mode. I messed up by actually make sure I collect everything it seems :(

I was really struggling to kill the final boss on Hardcore for S+, because I left the Magnum to save time. Ended up just absolutely wailing on him with the knife and then some grenades and pistol shots did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom