• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Underboss
I thought 19.1.2 was the beta driver and 19.1.1 is the latest release ?

on another note, How do you get your profile in wattman to load with windows?
i go into game and my fan goes full wack (well seems to as its so loud) have to load profile everytime
Thanks

Soldato
Both.

Rolled back to 19.1.2 and it's perfect, as smooth as you'd normally expect.
I have a few hours in it on the 19.2.1 driver for it... runs great so far. I'll report back if that changes.

Can only verify what @YB2ndBEST is saying. Im getting stellar performance using DX12 in Div2 on my vega 64. Frame latency is spot on 99,9% of the time and fps is high. This is the case for driver 19.1.1 and 19.2.1. Sadly of course this doesnt help you much @TonyTurbo78.

If its any help im running:
Windows 10 home 1809 with EmptyStandbyList fix applied
16gb 3200mhz DDR3 16-18-18
Ryzen 2600 @ 4,0ghz
Radeon driver 19.2.1(or 19.1.1 both works fine for me)
Sapphire Nitro+ vega 64 undervolted (P6=1000mv, p7=1025mv, HBM=900mv, clocks untouched)

Soldato
hmmm strange. Maybe it was just a dodgy installation of the 19.2.1 then. Nexus, who I was playing with last night, had no issues with his Vega56 using the 19.2.1 driver also. Not sure if I should try the 19.2.1 again as the 19.1.2 is now working perfectly for me, it's buttery smooth around 90fps 1440p mix of ultra and high. There are areas where it drops to 60 odd, but it's a Beta after all and the world is pretty graphically intensive in places.

My curious side wants to install the 19.2.1 again and see what happens. Might do a small video showing it if the problem is back.

EDIT* OK, so this is interesting. Reinstalled the 19.2.1 again core and memory drops to 500mhz is back again, frame tank every time. Tried 3dmark and the same thing. Tried other games - same result, core and memory drops in everything using the latest driver. It's just not liking this one on my system. Not sure what it could be.

Watching the red lights on the card during a 3dmark run, every 5 seconds the activity lights drop to 1 light then back to maximum. These are the exact same settings I've used on every other driver version. The same thing is happening on the default balanced and turbo profiles so I know its not my custom overclock causing it. I turned off the overlays and anything that is known to have caused issues with others over the years but still getting the core and mem drops every 5 seconds.

Weird

Last edited:
Soldato
19.2.1 ignoring fan curve?

Installed 19.2.1 to try last night (really only because of Apex Legends)

Started the game & it crashed after a few mins
Tried again and crashed to desktop again after landing & killing someone

So I thought I'd look at monitoring tools to check temperatures, the gpu was hitting 75C but the fanspeed was only 1131rpm. :eek:

I then set a custom fan curve in wattman but when in any games the fanspeed doesn't change from 1131rpm.
I can set the min speed in wattman and it changes ok so not really sure what is going on.

**edit**
Just did a clean install of 19.2.1 resetting everything & started again which seems to have fixed it :)
Still not sure what the bug/problem was

Last edited:
Soldato
Im getting huge issues playing The Division 2 Beta with the latest 19.2.1 driver. Core and Memory drop to around 500mhz for a half a second to a second which results in a complete tank in fps (about 18fps from 80fps) Anyone else experiencing that on Vega 64?

On Radeon 7 I'm getting system lock ups randomly only in The Division 2 Beta, Played a fair few hours Destiny 2, The Division 1 and Resident Evil 2, No issues, I think it's a general bug with The Division 2 Beta and considering AMD are partnered with Ubisoft on it I imagine it will get ironed out.

Soldato
On Radeon 7 I'm getting system lock ups randomly only in The Division 2 Beta, Played a fair few hours Destiny 2, The Division 1 and Resident Evil 2, No issues, I think it's a general bug with The Division 2 Beta and considering AMD are partnered with Ubisoft on it I imagine it will get ironed out.

see my post and edit in the above post (a few back). The issue is the 19.2.1 driver on my system. Upon testing 5 or 6 games plus 3dmark and other benchmarks, the core/memory drops and fps tanks are appearing right across the board. I uninstalled and reinstalled after DDU removals, 3 or 4 times but nothing solved the issue. Rolled back to the 19.1.2 driver and all is smooth, even Division 2.

Soldato
Another bug with the Radeon 7 driver, Wolfenstein 2 locks up only a few minutes in and also a weird bug with ReLive, Most videos only seem to record up to around 45FPS and some a fair bit lower even though ingame FPS is 100+.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok anyone else getting massive thermal thottling with the vega 64 55c-70c since the ****** new 2019 drivers showed up. ?

Last edited:
Soldato
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-2
Support For

• AMD Radeon VII
  • Far Cry New Dawn
  • Metro Exodus
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gathering Storm
  • Crackdown 3 Up to 5% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2 on a Radeon™ RX 590
Fixed Issues
  • Using the Alt+Tab shortcut out of a fullscreen application or game may be slow or take longer than expected when using a display connected by DisplayPort.
  • Apply and Discard buttons may not appear in some areas of Radeon Overlay under the Radeon WattMan overclocking tab.
  • Radeon WattMan may fail to apply memory clock changes on AMD Radeon VII.
  • AMD Radeon VII may intermittently experience a system hang when attempting to perform a timeout detection and recovery on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Radeon WattMan may display the incorrect max fan/temperature values for AMD Radeon VII.
  • Radeon WattMan may experience issues with changed values failing to save or load when multiple changes are applied at once.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience intermittent system stability issues on some X399 motherboards.
  • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds may intermittently experience an application crash when changing postprocessing settings.
  • Radeon Settings may experience an application hang when loading the performance histogram in a game profile through game manager.
  • Update Notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available upgrade.
  • Apex Legends™ may intermittently experience line corruption on AMD Radeon VII.
Known Issues
  • Using the Alt+Tab shortcut out of a fullscreen application or game may be slow or take longer than expected when using a display connected by DisplayPort.
  • Apply and Discard buttons may not appear in some areas of Radeon Overlay under the Radeon WattMan overclocking tab.
  • AMD Radeon VII may intermittently experience a system hang when attempting to perform a timeout detection and recovery on Windows®7 system configurations.
  • Radeon WattMan may display the incorrect max fan/temperature values for AMD Radeon VII.
  • Radeon WattMan may experience issues with changed values failing to save or load when multiple changes are applied at once.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience intermittent system stability issues on some X399 motherboards.
  • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds may intermittently experience an application crash when changing post-processing settings.
  • Radeon Settings may experience an application hang when loading the performance histogram in a game profile through game manager.
  • Update Notifications may sometimes incorrectly list the currently installed driver as an available upgrade.
  • Apex Legends™ may intermittently experience line corruption on AMD Radeon VII.

Associate
Think he copied/pasted it wrong..

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2 Highlights
Support For

• AMD Radeon VII
  • Far Cry® New Dawn
  • Metro Exodus™
  • Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Gathering Storm
  • Crackdown 3™
    • Up to 5% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2 on a Radeon™ RX 590

Fixed Issues
  • Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds may intermittently experience an application crash when changing post-processing settings.
Known Issues
  • Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived when the game is set to using DirectX®12 API.
  • Mouse lag or system slowdown is observed for extended periods of time with two or more displays connected and one display switched off.
  • FRTC may disappear from the Radeon Settings Global Graphics options on some system configurations when upgrading Radeon Software.
  • Radeon WattMan clock gauges may sometimes not change or appear incorrect when custom settings have been set on AMD Radeon VII.
  • Changes made in Radeon WattMan settings via Radeon Overlay may sometimes not save or take effect once Radeon Overlay is closed.
  • Fan speeds may remain elevated for longer periods than expected when using Tuning Control Auto Overclock in Radeon WattMan on AMD Radeon VII. A workaround is switching fan control to manual mode.

Back
Top Bottom