• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
Good man, in not saying that the giga card is any better than the sapphire but I'm not seeing anybody with a giga card complaining. Perhaps that's simply down to there being a lot more sapphire cards out there. Perhaps even giga spent a bit more time with the card and that's where my extra £150 went. Who knows, I do know though that I'm just not experiencing issues like others seem to be.
It's because you and LtMatt have the only Gigabyte cards XD

Associate
Good man, in not saying that the giga card is any better than the sapphire but I'm not seeing anybody with a giga card complaining. Perhaps that's simply down to there being a lot more sapphire cards out there. Perhaps even giga spent a bit more time with the card and that's where my extra £150 went. Who knows, I do know though that I'm just not experiencing issues like others seem to be.
I'm on a Sapphire without issues. I hit it all afternoon yesterday with stress test after stress test.
LtMatt is 1094mv default
I'm 1074mv
Whats your card out of the box?

Man of Honour
It's because you and LtMatt have the only Gigabyte cards XD

That's because great minds and all that!!

I'm on a Sapphire without issues. I hit it all afternoon yesterday with stress test after stress test.
LtMatt is 1094mv default
I'm 1074mv
Whats your card out of the box?

Mine is a massive 1111, undervolts to like 930/940. I honestly don't think the default voltage is an indication of asic quality... I may of course be wrong!!

Also the memory on mine seems to clock the highest of all I have seen so far as well, auto memory sits it at 1235 which is quite impressive.

Caporegime
Mine is a massive 1111, undervolts to like 930/940. I honestly don't think the default voltage is an indication of asic quality... I may of course be wrong!!

Also the memory on mine seems to clock the highest of all I have seen so far as well, auto memory sits it at 1235 which is quite impressive.
Yep that's lower than i can go game stable. At stock mine can go as low as 0.964mv.

Man of Honour
Yep that's lower than i can go game stable. At stock mine can go as low as 0.964mv.

I've also noted fluctuations on my cards "stock" voltage. A few times I've checked and it's at like 1030 odd. But by and large 90% of the time it's 1111 or 1112

Associate
That's because great minds and all that!!

Just trying the build a picture, as it is looking to be people with lower out of the box voltage that seem to be having the issues!
1235Mhz is very good, if it really is @ that speed. As the Vega drivers where massively miss reporting at launch. half the forum thought they had a 1800mhz+ Vega 64 on a reference cooler lol.

Man of Honour
Just trying the build a picture, as it is looking to be people with lower out of the box voltage that seem to be having to issues!
1235Mhz is very good, if it really is @ that speed. As the Vega drivers where massively miss reporting at launch. half the forum thought they had a 1800mhz+ Vega 64 on a reference cooler lol.

Now unless hbm reporting in wattman is wrong, mine is rock steady at 1235, I can of course post a little shot of wattman as I did some pages back. I did have a first batch ref Vega so am fairly confident that I'm reading the details right.

Associate
Now unless hbm reporting in wattman is wrong, mine is rock steady at 1235, I can of course post a little shot of wattman as I did some pages back. I did have a first batch ref Vega so am fairly confident that I'm reading the details right.
My HBM slider in Wattman (manual) had a max of 1200Mhz. So your auto is going beyond that!?

Man of Honour
My HBM slider in Wattman (manual) had a max of 1200Mhz. So your auto is going beyond that!?

Yep I'll share some shots of the card running firestrike in 20 mins :D it basically locks itself to 1771 core and 1235 hbm. That's also on stock fan curve if that is useful.

Associate
Yep I'll share some shots of the card running firestrike in 20 mins :D it basically locks itself to 1771 core and 1235 hbm
Cool! Its just a weird one that the auto is going beyond the slider. It shows AMD can more than likely extend the slider range. This will also be a more mature silicone now been 18 months later on the HBM.

Man of Honour
so some firestrike and timespy (firestrike top, timespy bottom). These are my clocks leaving everything stock and just hitting auto memory oc:

And a reference run undervolted to 950mv

You can see that im doing a custom run with only like 2 scenes but hopefully this gives a decent picture of what my card is all about. My junction temp never seems to go higher than around 95.

Last edited:
Associate
so some firestrike and timespy (firestrike top, timespy bottom). These are my clocks leaving everything stock and just hitting auto memory oc:

My junction temp never seems to go higher than around 95.

9wjp0dn.jpg
That's during a Timespy strees test yesterday. I'd give Fire Strike Ultra Stress Test a go. Your junction will be well over 100C.

Associate
I also have the gigabyte VII and had no problems in games or bench’s and quite a low default mv as I have mentioned before, goes down to .930mv and runs fine. Run memory at 1200 fine not tried auto memory yet, who’s running an intel platform and who’s running AMD platform. Might be a chipset issue with driver installation doing some thing. I am not sure how many chipsets AMD have had either.

Soldato
I also have the gigabyte VII and had no problems in games or bench’s and quite a low default mv as I have mentioned before, goes down to .930mv and runs fine. Run memory at 1200 fine not tried auto memory yet, who’s running an intel platform and who’s running AMD platform. Might be a chipset issue with driver installation doing some thing. I am not sure how many chipsets AMD have had either.
I'm on ryzen 2700x with x470 chipset

Associate
Admittedly i did under volt the Radeon VII to the maximum possible whilst keep stability at stock.

My Vega 64 can undervolt further, but not whilst maintaining 1750Mhz core clock speeds.

Nice samples you have :) .

BTW, when did Micron start making HBM2 memory? I checked GPUz on my R7, and it shows manufactured by Micron.

It's not... gpuz reading wrong. Only skhynix and Samsung produce hbm2 stacks. Gpuz needs an update.

Last I read update maybe out to GPU-Z this week.

Man of Honour
Gigabyte bios must be different, it will not load or flash. it opens and shuts straight away.

I might give it a try a bit later on my giga card. TBH I see no reason to. played a load of pubg earlier... no issues 120 fps @ 1440p all cranked, cant argue with that. Might even be able to play it 4k native now which would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom