• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon VII Owners Thread

Soldato
Interesting article on TPU about a guy on reddit fitting a AIO to a VII.
His 24/7 stable settings on Radeon VII are 2122 MHz core, 1265 mV, and 1252 MHz memory, resulting in a 3DMark Firestrike graphics score of around 33,000. Even at such a high voltage, the watercooling keeps temperatures very low at 40°C GPU, 60°C Hotspot.
Even doing a washer mod (scroll down a little) drops temperatures by 10°C aparently

Man of Honour
Same here, When I sit down and spend a decent length of time gaming I get the PC crashing. Is it a driver issue? Maybe so it's best to report it.

I don't think it is. I played apex and csgo for hours at the weekend and nothing but totally stable performance. The card really shouldn't be crashing, I was expecting a total mess but haven't had a single crash yet. Which tbh is the way it should be.

Associate
Apparently the cooler is not quite fitting properly sometimes and that is causing the high junction temps. I’m tempted to take mine apart and check all the heat sink pads are actually touching.

Mine will get to 113 junction temp but I don’t crash even after several hour sessions! I am stable at 1900/1200 1136mv. But junction temps hit 113 as I said, the gpu temp never goes above 70.

Associate
Spent whole day yesterday in front of the pc testing benching and reading about the RVII, could not be any different, my wife "love it" as we were just back from a 15 days trip in south America. I did not ever undo the luggage yet :D

So far UV to 970mV and looks like I can go lower but I didn't manage to test properly yet. Next day off I'll fine test/tune how far I go with OC/UV.

Here are some 3dmark results,

Timespy
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6290448
Timespy extreme
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6288993
Firestrike
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18390146
Firestrike ultra
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18389770
Firestrike extreme
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18382742

Soldato
Apparently the cooler is not quite fitting properly sometimes and that is causing the high junction temps. I’m tempted to take mine apart and check all the heat sink pads are actually touching.

Mine will get to 113 junction temp but I don’t crash even after several hour sessions! I am stable at 1900/1200 1136mv. But junction temps hit 113 as I said, the gpu temp never goes above 70.

If you are hitting 113 on jt, then I am guessing you are not getting anything like 1900mhz on the core.

Associate
If you are hitting 113 on jt, then I am guessing you are not getting anything like 1900mhz on the core.

Yes, that is true you do get throttling eventually.
I really need to take the shroud off and make sure everything is flush. Failing that a good aftermarket cooler wouldn’t go amiss with one of these.

Playing forza 7 though, locked at 60fps, it barely breaks a sweat. If I unlock the framerate I’m getting 120+ FPS at 4K, which I thought was impressive!

Permabanned
I had one crash with the previous driver playing AC Odyssey. With 19.2.2 it's been rock solid.

Nvidia have claimed on their forums they've been able to reproduce crashing in Apex Legends on their cards and competitor cards.

I just had another system crash while playing & recording STALKER Call of Chernobyl, I'm getting real close to the 14 day deadline so I need to work out if it is a dodgy card or not. :(
I want to keep it but I don't want it crashing my PC all the time so I'm going to try it with some other games for the rest of today & tomorrow & if it continues I'll return it & just hope it doesn't take Sapphire too long to get a replacement too me.

EDIT 1: It just crashed the system again, I booted up COD Modern Warfare Remastered & it didn't even last 10 minutes this time. :(

EDIT 2: It just crashed again after an hour or so still in COD, This time I dropped the cpu overclock and reduced the memory speed to rule them out even though they were fine with my V64 & RX480, I thought I had got a decent card as it can run short stuff like Firestrike okay but for gaming it's not even up for long periods at stock.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Nvidia have claimed on their forums they've been able to reproduce crashing in Apex Legends on their cards and competitor cards.

I played hours on end everything 4k maxed - must have been like 20 games or more. Everything maxed, vram allocation set at 8gb and nothing, no crashes at all. I also streamed the entire thing :) As far as I can tell at least on my system apex is very stable. Unless there is something I am not turning on/off

Associate
I played hours on end everything 4k maxed - must have been like 20 games or more. Everything maxed, vram allocation set at 8gb and nothing, no crashes at all. I also streamed the entire thing :) As far as I can tell at least on my system apex is very stable. Unless there is something I am not turning on/off

The same experience for me, had this card in 2 machines now, both have never crashed, I have clocked it, undervolted it and apart from going to 925mv which gave me sparkles in heaven
this card has been rock solid. played many games and its rock solid. hrs of games.

Soldato
I just had another system crash while playing & recording STALKER Call of Chernobyl, I'm getting real close to the 14 day deadline so I need to work out if it is a dodgy card or not. :(
I want to keep it but I don't want it crashing my PC all the time so I'm going to try it with some other games for the rest of today & tomorrow & if it continues I'll return it & just hope it doesn't take Sapphire too long to get a replacement too me.

EDIT 1: It just crashed the system again, I booted up COD Modern Warfare Remastered & it didn't even last 10 minutes this time. :(

EDIT 2: It just crashed again after an hour or so still in COD, This time I dropped the cpu overclock and reduced the memory speed to rule them out even though they were fine with my V64 & RX480, I thought I had got a decent card as it can run short stuff like Firestrike okay but for gaming it's not even up for long periods at stock.
I told you my friend send it back. My rma got tested today and only took them 23 minutes to decide it was no good, I then called them to ask if I could get a replacement from a different vendor as my original was sapphire too and i would have to wait for stock. They agreed to send me a asrock one which comes tomorrow.
Super happy

Permabanned
I told you my friend send it back. My rma got tested today and only took them 23 minutes to decide it was no good, I then called them to ask if I could get a replacement from a different vendor as my original was sapphire too and i would have to wait for stock. They agreed to send me a asrock one which comes tomorrow.
Super happy

I'm glad for you but I'm not willing to pay the extra & even if I was I can't afford too at the moment so I'll have to wait. It's not the end of the world though. :)

Back
Top Bottom