• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia DLSS 5 months on-a win or fail?

Caporegime
Of course it has. If it had more time or more silicon then it could work with a larger data size, which would in turn produce a better result.

The whole point is it uses a smaller framebuffer size which is faster to render. You might as well render the whole thing at 4K then.

Soldato
You can :confused:
E.g., Final Fantasy, does NOT support RTX but DOES support DLSS

Am asking the question for metro and battlefield. In my eyes final fantasy is just a benchmark.

But anyway it would seem if a game supports Ray tracing and DLSS then you must enable Ray tracing along with DLSS you can not use DLSS alone.
So the RTX must be used together.

Associate
Am asking the question for metro and battlefield. In my eyes final fantasy is just a benchmark.

But anyway it would seem if a game supports Ray tracing and DLSS then you must enable Ray tracing along with DLSS you can not use DLSS alone.
So the RTX must be used together.

Nvidia claim there will be 20 odd games using DLSS in the future, many of them fairly old games such as Ark, PUBG, Hellblade, SCUM, We Happy Few etc. Can't imaging RTX will be used in these titles so will have DLSS alone.

Time will tell.

Soldato
I don't really see the point in having DLSS on it's own, especially in older games O_o

Here's an option to just turn the res down and add loads of blur, yay...helpful.

Soldato
You’ve been beant over backwards by Nvidia and your still defending their lack lustre tech?

The 2080 series has been a disgrace from the start.

No 2080 series are doing fine now, actually they are sell very well now compared to months ago. Sales figures from a german retailer since 1 Feb:

RTX 2080 Ti 895
RTX 2080 4,915
RTX 2070 6,545
RTX 2060 1,700

I think Metro Exodus is probably the best game to showcased ray tracing.

I found it very impressive that DLSS only took a day to trained on Saturn V supercomputer, the image quality not bad but it will get better over time with more training to remove blurring. I think DLSS is very interesting technology that will help cut down game development time and cost compared to coded and optimised FXAA, TAA, TXAA, SMAA, CMAA that will take developers months to do it which is far too much works and too much money wasted. Maybe one day in future we could see games released without FXAA, TAA, TXAA, SMAA, CMAA etc but will only use DLSS instead after just a few hours training on next generation supercomputer.

Last edited:
Soldato
No 2080 series are doing fine now, actually they are sell very well now compared to months ago. Sales figures from a german retailer since 1 Feb:

RTX 2080 Ti 895
RTX 2080 4,915
RTX 2070 6,545
RTX 2060 1,700

I think Metro Exodus is probably the best game to showcased ray tracing.

I found it very impressive that DLSS only took a day to trained on Saturn V supercomputer, the image quality not bad but it will get better over time with more training to remove blurring. I think DLSS is very interesting technology that will help cut down game development time and cost compared to coded and optimised FXAA, TAA, TXAA, SMAA, CMAA that will take developers months to do it which is far too much works and too much money wasted. Maybe one day in future we could see games released without FXAA, TAA, TXAA, SMAA, CMAA etc but will only use DLSS instead after just a few hours training on next generation supercomputer.

Nvidia themselves have come out and said sales are low! Stop trying to defend a poor release and for once give Nvidia feedback that they failed. Its ok to call them out!

NVIDIA founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang explained that the GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti "deliver a revolutionary leap in performance and innovation with real-time raytracing and AI, but some customers may have delayed their purchase while waiting for lower price points and further demonstrations of RTX technology in actual games". Huang also talked about "economic uncertainties" as well as a "number of deals [that] did not close in the last month of the quarter".

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64650/nvidia-sales-geforce-rtx-cards-lower-expected/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64650/nvidia-sales-geforce-rtx-cards-lower-expected/index.html

Soldato
Nvidia themselves have come out and said sales are low! Stop trying to defend a poor release and for once give Nvidia feedback that they failed. Its ok to call them out!

NVIDIA founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang explained that the GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti "deliver a revolutionary leap in performance and innovation with real-time raytracing and AI, but some customers may have delayed their purchase while waiting for lower price points and further demonstrations of RTX technology in actual games". Huang also talked about "economic uncertainties" as well as a "number of deals [that] did not close in the last month of the quarter".

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64650/nvidia-sales-geforce-rtx-cards-lower-expected/index.html

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64650/nvidia-sales-geforce-rtx-cards-lower-expected/index.html
Winner!!!
Yeah, they did admit defeat. At least they've protected their IP for another year.
But that's a hard thing to swallow if I were cheering for them on the consumer front.

ljt

ljt

Soldato

Pointless trying to discuss anything that doesn't praise Nvidia with AthlonXP1800.

Nvidia can do no wrong!

They are like the PR department for Nvidia around here.

Back
Top Bottom