• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Hi guys
Has anyone taken the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 apart to change the thermal paste/cleaning and so on?
If you have could you post some pics please or if you know of a website/video that has done so I would appreciate a link.
Im asking because I canr seem to find any teardowns online

Soldato
Hi guys
Has anyone taken the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 apart to change the thermal paste/cleaning and so on?
If you have could you post some pics please or if you know of a website/video that has done so I would appreciate a link.

Check this post out

Kitguru also has a disassembly if you want some photos, it's still Limited Edition but afaik the only differences between the two don't relate to layout/cooler.

Associate
Hi guys
It's a good cooler and runs quiet and cool - I'd be tempted to just leave it alone.

Associate
Out of interest how quiet is quiet for you? My card runs at 70 degrees, with fans spinning at 2150RPM, loud enough to hear over headphones for me.
I undervolted mine and it runs cooler than that - fans spinning up to about 1500rpm I think.
With zero fan turned off they spin at 1200 til 60 deg (I think) and are barely audible over fractal R5 case fans at low speed with the side panel off.
Doesn't get much above 60 deg undervolted.

Have you tried undervolting in global wattman, in your Radeon control panel?
You'll not hear it much, once you get the volts down.

Soldato
Out of interest how quiet is quiet for you? My card runs at 70 degrees, with fans spinning at 2150RPM, loud enough to hear over headphones for me.
I installed my card last night, played Sea of Thieves for a few hours and the max it got up to was 71c and the fans were at about 1300rpm. It was pretty quiet, not silent. I couldn't hear it when I had headphones on and even without, it wouldn't have been distracting. Hopefully it'll be even better once I under-volt it.

What's the air flow like in your case? I have a Fractal Design Define R6 with 2 front intake 140mm case fans, one 140mm rear exhaust fan and a 240mm Corsair AIO for the CPU mounted as an exhaust in the top. I plan to add another 140mm exhaust fan to the top of the case.

Associate
I undervolted mine and it runs cooler than that - fans spinning up to about 1500rpm I think.
With zero fan turned off they spin at 1200 til 60 deg (I think) and are barely audible over fractal R5 case fans at low speed with the side panel off.
Doesn't get much above 60 deg undervolted.

Have you tried undervolting in global wattman, in your Radeon control panel?
You'll not hear it much, once you get the volts down.

Yes I'm using 1632/1070mv at P7. Using a fractal meshify case so I want to keep the nice tinted glass side panel on. What settings are you using? Thanks

Associate
Hi all,

Just bought a Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 and was wondering which software is the best to undervolt and overclock and wondered if anyone has any advice on what settings to use?

Thanks

Associate
Yes I'm using 1632/1070mv at P7. Using a fractal meshify case so I want to keep the nice tinted glass side panel on. What settings are you using? Thanks
I'm using mem @ 1100mhz/1000mv
I found the powersave bios allowed lower volts, so 1672/1050mv P7 - I can do 1632/1000mv on that I think.
If I lower the volts to 960mv, it will do a steady 1500mhz with P7 @1622mhz, or 1516mhz with P7 @ 1632mhz.
There doesn't seem to be much noticeable real world performance difference in gaming, but lower power consumption.

On performance bios I have something like 1672/1100.
I can do higher clocks on powersave bios.

I'll try something later and keep an eye on fan speed for you.

Associate
Hi all,

Just bought a Sapphire Nitro Vega 64 and was wondering which software is the best to undervolt and overclock and wondered if anyone has any advice on what settings to use?

Thanks
Use wattman in Radeon Settings.
Download unigine Heaven - have it running in windowed mode.
Now play around with your settings - it will crash out of heaven if it doesn't like them.
I'd start a bit lower than 1687 for P7 - try between 1632 and 1672 for now @1100mv and slowly raise the mhz (click apply) - watch what happens with your actual clock speed.
You want it fairly constant, over 1600 mhz. (ignore the scene changes as heaven drops during them - you want it to hold a fairly steady speed through the rest of it)
I'd not lock P6 til you find some sweet spots for your card and it holds steady clock speeds without that.

You could probably push the mem to 1100mhz too - though maybe start @ 1050 til you get some stable settings.

Associate
Tried a few and just locked up. I am using some cheap Ddr4 3000 ram I've borrowed off my other computer so don't know if it's crashing because of that but only does it when I'm changing settings on wattman

Associate
I've had a go at this and got it to 1670/1100.

Only thing is it has crazy coil whine and the temps aren't great. Regularly getting up in the 70s and had to adjust the fan curve as if not was getting up close to 80s.

Any way to get rid of coil whine and these temps?

Back
Top Bottom