Really good... Best origin film IMHO.
Thought it would be she garbage.
Im only happy when it rains :)
She is pretty wooden but it's fine
Flarken steals the show multiple times lol

Bit cheesy but very tolerable.
Craps all over black panther.....

Associate
A strong reliable movie. Like said above it doesn’t blow you away but it was very good, a few genuine laughs and good acting throughout.

It felt like they really undersold her abilities so I’ll wait to see how that develops with Endgame

Neither credits scene was worth the wait.

Soldato
Just got back and I really enjoyed it, I'm in love with Brie Larson, don't understand all the negative criticism towards her, think she pulled off the role really well.

Thought the movie was well planned and fits nicely into the whole Avengers agenda, can't wait for Avengers: End Game

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saw it at 4:00 p.m with my wife, and the cinema was mainly full of teenagers straight out of school but they were well behaved, which surprised me.

Pleased to say I really enjoyed it, though i'd say it took a good 10 minutes to get in to. The action was decent, but I wouldn't say there was anything that stood out as top tier marvel action (nothing like the Cap vs Bucky fight in Winter Soldier), but I really liked the interplay between Brie and Sam Jackson, and anything involving the cat.

I wouldn't say the main plot was surprising, but it was certainly engaging.

I didn't know exactly what was going to happen, but I guessed the neck implant would be something quite major and that the Supreme A.I would turn out to be bad in some way. I really liked Ben Mendelsons character/arc, that he wasn't looking for a weapon but just looking to reunite with his family, and that the Skrulls were the ones being hunted down.
I was hoping that there would be a big reveal that someone in the MCU had been a skrull all along, but alas not

Brie was really good in the role, and it was hardly ramming feminist propaganda down our throats! There was one short sequence where
You see the human Carol, getting up over and over again throughout moments of her life, as a young girl and all the way through Airforce training, but it's no different from Cap getting up after a beating and saying "I can do this all day"

Oh and I thought it was very amusing that there was literally a scene with a man telling Brie Larson to smile...and that surely must have been filmed prior to the furore after the first trailer, as it was integrated in to the plot (i.e stealing the guys motorbike) so that was very prescient.

Really nice nod at the end where Fury sees Carol "Avenger" Danvers and changes it to the Avengers protocol.

8/10 from me

Commissario
Yeah, that was great

And the cameo of him reading his one line from mallrats over and over!
It's been a while since I watches Mallrats but I'm fairly sure he had more than one line in it, IIRC he spoke to both Brody and Quint, I've got the discs on the side waiting for a chance to watch them again.
My brother and Brother in Law both commented on that particular cameo being a good one, as unlike most of his cameo's it's both obviously him and a reference to his real history.

Caporegime
It’s good, not the best origin story but I enjoyed it throughout. Didn’t look at my watch once.

I did feel they kept the best of her abilities for End Game. The girl can fly through space across galaxies!? Can punch through space ships and I get a feeling she can put a hole through a planet if she hit hard enough.

Soldato
It’s good, not the best origin story but I enjoyed it throughout. Didn’t look at my watch once.

I did feel they kept the best of her abilities for End Game. The girl can fly through space across galaxies!? Can punch through space ships and I get a feeling she can put a hole through a planet if she hit hard enough.

It was pretty awesome to see her strengths towards the end of the movie but like you said don't think we've seen her true potential, either way, wife goals.

Can't wait for End Game now!

Soldato
Saw this last night. Glad I read several reviews first as I went in expecting it to be absolute trash, I only wanted to watch it to see how it will tie in with End Game. It wasn't the best marvel film by any means but it was very very decent, solid 7/10 from me, don't know what all the moaning is about tbh.

Soldato
Well, going by the positive comments it's getting on here, certainly doesn't reflect the 39% it's got from user opinions on RT.

Just a load of people down voting something, just because..

Soldato
Was ok not the best Marvel by any means but still an enjoyable watch, the fight scenes at the start were really hard to read and had as much movement and shaky cam as Takens infamous fence jump then it found it's way and had the subtle Marvel humour. The homage to Stan Lee was good at the start and they should use that on Endgame too. Coulsen felt more of a cameo which was a shame.

The mid credit scene ties in nicely for Endgame and the after credits scene isn't worth sticking around for as all it does is explain how a certain item that appears throughout the movie is kept on Earth.

Associate
I saw it earlier this morning and thought it was pretty good, 7 out of 10 as several others have said as well. Not the best Marvel movie but not bad either. Liked the interaction between Jackson and Brie and am really looking forward to the Endgame now, will be really interesting to see how that works out.

Soldato
The mid credit scene ties in nicely for Endgame and the after credits scene isn't worth sticking around for as all it does is explain how a certain item that appears throughout the movie is kept on Earth.

Not sure how that mid credit scene is going to work... kinda implies that endgame is going to start with certain plot threads already dealt with :/

Caporegime
It's literally a scene/part of a scene from Endgame.

They've done it before, at the end of Captain America, and also after the first Ant-man movie which just featured a random scene from Civil War.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom