*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Has anyone experienced issues with the Sonos Beam and Sky Q? I cant get the two to play nicely with Dolby Digital!

My TV is pretty old now but supports Dolby Digital (UE40H6400). I've tried setting DD on my TV for output and Sky, but then there's no sound! Same thing happens with my 4k FireTV!

Any ideas?

Associate
Has anyone experienced issues with the Sonos Beam and Sky Q? I cant get the two to play nicely with Dolby Digital!

My TV is pretty old now but supports Dolby Digital (UE40H6400). I've tried setting DD on my TV for output and Sky, but then there's no sound! Same thing happens with my 4k FireTV!

Any ideas?

Have you tried connecting one device direct to Beam to verify Beam is OK? I've used a PS4, Nowtv Stick and Nvidia Shield, with Netflix and Prime Video, etc and all work fine with my Beam. I'm able to get DD 5.1 out of Beam, DTS blurays are another story ...

Soldato
Being a bit of an audio noob, what advantage would I get adding this to my setup?

It's a Sonos based amplifier that enables you to use normal speakers.

If like the previous model it also includes an input so you could for example connect a CD player or PC etc and then have that output throughout the Sonos install, there is a sub line out too for a powered unit.

EDIT: they are great for powering outdoor or ceiling mount speakers ;)

Soldato
Anyone with a large collection 100,000+ it scans all the files into database or has a limit?

There is a documented limit of 65k :-

https://en.community.sonos.com/trou...sic-library-maximum-tracks-or-folders-6769295

There is a limit of 65,000 tracks, but it's not quite that straight forward. Other aspects of the files (names, tags) also count, affecting the total amount of store. It is perfectly possible that although you're under the 65,000 limit, you have run out of store.

Soldato
Saw the email for the new ceiling and wall speakers coming, got all excited until it says you need the amp and they are wired =(

Caporegime
Saw the email for the new ceiling and wall speakers coming, got all excited until it says you need the amp and they are wired =(

Yeah looks expensive and underwhelming.

Why Sonos haven't released standalone units for ceiling speakers is beyond me. It seems so obvious. Stashing your premium amp in the ceiling cavity seems stupid, the other option of running cable runs is a pain.

Just take the electrics out of the Play 1 and bolt it to a decent concentric driver and you're done.

Caporegime
Interesting to see there's a Gen 2 Sonos 1 coming out (which is really the third Gen of the Play 1 tbh but what do I know). Looks to be a small update with Bluetooth and faster processor/more RAM. Apart from easier setup I'm not sure what difference it'll make.

Associate

Any ideas?

Did you manage sort this? I have same TV and want use the Beam with my One X and HTPC

Associate
Looks like there should hopefully be some good offers on the 'current' play one. Im addicted to these things now and could do with another 2 for the hallway/landing!

Back
Top Bottom